Posted in Other 18 days ago.
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Principal Solution Engineer - Gov't/Public Sector - Federal - Salesforce Industries
Salesforce Industries is hiring experienced Principal Solution Engineers to help sell our Public Sector and Public Health Solutions.
Our Principal Solution Engineers are deep product and industry experts who are teamed with our account executives to develop sales strategies and solutions that address customer needs in new and existing accounts. This role will interact primarily with Federal clients and will require effective communication skills, the ability to deliver dynamic software demonstrations and a confident knowledge of the related industry processes and best practices.
This role requires experience with deals of all sizes and a comfort interacting with levels ranging from individual contributors to directors of large agency divisions.
* 8-10+ years of Public Sector or Public Health software sales consulting
* Proven success as a sales consultant at other software companies
* Industry domain experience in Public Sector or Public Sector Health is required
* Experience working in a fast moving, agile company and sales team
* Experience configuring and demonstrating the Salesforce Sales or Service Cloud Apps, or a similar leading CRM application is preferred
Responsibilities & Expectations
* Understand customer needs through detailed discovery of their industry processes to identify value and challenges that can be addressed with the Salesforce Industries platform
* Work with the sales team to build, manage and maintain customer relationships
* Work closely with the Sales Director and Director of Solution Engineering to prioritize opportunities
* Be responsible for the 'technical win' by providing functionally compelling and relevant demonstrations
* Provide customer feedback to the product management and engineering teams to capture new customer requirements and enhancements
* Bias to making those around you successful; you are comfortable working as a team player and a mentor in a fast-growing organization
* Contribute to building a positive, can-do, high-performance culture
* Developing technical peer relationships in key accounts
* Strong understanding of modern systems architecture including on-premise and cloud-native systems
* Prior experience working with Salesforce, Siebel Industry Applications or other industry specific applications is an advantage
* Configuring and presenting software demonstrations that are both functionally compelling and most importantly, relevant to the specific business processes of interest to the customer/prospect
* Expert knowledge of the complete sales lifecycle with extensive experience responding to sales RFIs / RFPs and configuring software demos at very high levels of quality
* Capability to translate business requirements into compelling software demonstrations
* Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
* High degree of confidence in presenting software demos and leading technical pre-sales discussions
* Bachelor's/master's degree in computer science, Software Engineering, Business or a related field, and/or equivalent experience
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.