Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Provides direct patient care in accordance with company protocols and/or online medical direction. Assists with the coverage of open shifts as needed in the assigned area. Administers first aid treatment to and transports sick or injured persons to medical facility, working as a member of the emergency medical team, by performing the following duties and complying with the State Department of Health standards and protocols.
* Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified location.
* Monitors communication equipment to maintain contact with dispatcher.
* Removes or assists in removal of victims from scene of accident or catastrophe.
* Determines nature and extent of illness or injury and the magnitude of the catastrophe to establish first aid procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance, basing decisions on statements of persons involved, examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
* Administers prescribed first aid treatment at site of emergency or in specially equipped vehicle, performing such activities as application of splints, administration of oxygen or intravenous injections, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of artificial resuscitation.
* Communicates with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment facility.
* Assists in removal of victims from vehicle and transfers victims to treatment center.
* Assists treatment center admitting personnel to obtain and record information related to victims' vital statistics and circumstances of emergency.
* Maintains vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenishes first aid equipment and supplies.
* Assists professional medical personnel in emergency treatment administered at medical facility.
* Documents complete, thorough, and accurate Pre-hospital Care Reports and billing forms. All paperwork must be completed and turned in prior to leaving duty.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma
* State Certified Advanced EMT
* Language Skills: The employee must be able to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The employee must be able to write routine reports and correspondence. The employee must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
* Reasoning Ability/Mathematical Skills: The employee must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The employee must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. The employee must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The employee must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* State Certified Advanced EMT
* Current BLS/CPR Certificate
* Valid State Drivers License
* Infection Control Certificate | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration. Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, and airborne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Operations Supervisor/ Operations Manager
Interrelationships: Operations Support
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled