Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Provides emergency care and life support to patients in the Emergency Department and augments the role of the Registered Nurse (RN). Performs all job functions under the direction or supervision of a physician, registered nurse, advanced practice nurse or physician assistant.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. Functions within the scope of practice of a Paramedic as defined within Nebraska state regulations. The position does not take a patient assignment.
3. Provides patient transportation within the Emergency Department and throughout the hospital campus as required.
4. Provides patient care and performs patient care procedures such as but not limited to: EKG, Point of Care Testing, phlebotomy, CPR, intravenous insertions, immobilizer, and splint and sling placement.
5. Monitors and administers medication, pain relief, and intravenous infusions as approved by the Medical Director.
6. Dresses wounds and injuries including wound irrigation and applies bandages as needed.
7. Provides hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment.
8. Provides care in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
9. Documents patient care and related information according to Bryan Medical Center procedures for documentation.
10. Adheres to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards.
11. Keeps abreast with new treatment and medical procedures through continuous training.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
(Essential Job functions are marked with an asterisk "*". Refer to the Job Description Guide for the definition of essential and non-essential job functions.) Attach Addendum for positions with slightly different roles or work-specific differences as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent working knowledge of medical equipment and devices
2. Must have integrity and compassion towards human pain
3. Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to work functions
4. Knowledge of organizational quality initiatives and ability to provide consistent care to enhance clinical outcomes.
5. Knowledge of Bryan Health policies and procedures
6. Must be well organized and able to function independently with little supervision.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and medical staff
8. Ability to problem solve and engage independent critical thinking skills
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality relevant to sensitive information
10. Ability to adhere to hospital and department procedures
11. Ability to successfully work collaboratively in a highly team-oriented environment
12. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
13. Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited Paramedic program required. Current Nebraska EMT-Paramedic certification required. Previous paramedic experience preferred. Active membership on a Rescue or transport service in the state of Nebraska preferred.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required. Bryan Health recognizes American Heart Association (for healthcare professionals), American Red Cross (for healthcare professionals) and the Military Training Network. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required.
Valid State of Nebraska driver's license required. Verification and maintenance of responsible driving record per facility standards required.
(Physical Requirements are based on federal criteria and assigned by Human Resources upon review of the Principal Job Functions.)
(DOT) - Characterized as medium work requiring exertion of 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects including the human body.
Equal opportunityAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Bryan Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.