Posted in Other 20 days ago.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of 'Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 12,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Our Engine Systems division brings together a range of abilities to support aero-engine manufacturers including Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, Safran and Rolls Royce.
At Meggitt, we have spearheaded pioneering applied research and technology programmes to develop next generation turbofan cooling. We create thermal management components which operate reliably in extremes of temperature, pressure and vibration on the engines and airframes of leading military and commercial rotary and fixed wing aircraft.
Together, our Engine Systems division is helping to create the engines of the future.
The Senior Director Finance is responsible for driving the financial performance of the product Group. They act as a business partner for the Product Group Manager and Product Group leadership team.The Product Group Finance Director will also typically have financial management accountability for one Site within the Product Group.
* Overseas financial records and controls in accordance and compliance with Group Finance.
* Ensures site finance teams provide the required support to local and Product Group management.
* Supports the Product Group Manager in the management of the Product Group by partnering with the Product Group leadership team and managing the Product Group and Site finance teams.
* Accounts for the effective financial management of the Product Group.
* Assures effective financial control in the Product Group, including the implementation of Corporate policies and operation of effective management records.
* Aggregates accounts, with support from financial shared services where appropriate, from each Site and monitors accounts against financial expectations.
* Optimizes the distribution of work between finance teams and the financial shared services canters
* Signs and closes monthly accounts, forecasts, budgets and financial elements of strategic plans, ensuring data released is both on-time and of high quality
* Ensures the integrity of Product Group financial records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with the Group Finance Manual.
* Partners with Divisional FP&A to complete budgeting and forecasting at Product Group level, including production and R&O analysis.
* Supports the Divisional FP&A team during development of the Divisional business and financial strategy and 10 year plan as part of the budget setting process
* Sets Site level financial targets.
* Analysis of Product Group and Site financial performance and actions to offset shortfalls and maximise opportunities
* Develops plans for and approving Capital Expenditures.
* Ensures that post investment reviews are conducted and actions in place to optimise returns
* Works with other functions on inventory reduction and cost improvements
* Provides decision support analysis and supports the evaluation and approval of Bid Approval Requests.
* Partners with the Divisional Controller and Program Management on program reviews, business case updates and associated get well plans and financial impairment tests
* Ensures both sites meet their service level commitments and that a high quality and cost effective accounting service is provided to the Product Group.
* Responsible for regional/Site specific tax obligations.
* Ensures the Product Group has the organisation, process and systems to support current and expected future government contract accounting obligations
Build/write business cases and financial models as well as financial analysis on key business projects, including capital expenditure projects, bid& proposals, product transfer projects, IR&D programs, productivity improvement projects, and M&A activities
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field that will allow successful performance of job expectations, Master's Degree preferred.
Years Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
If this position is located in the United States, this job will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.