Posted in Other 28 days ago.
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation's largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
We are looking for a seasoned technologist in our Platform Architecture practice for our public-cloud (AWS) infrastructure and operations domain. This role will help drive our strategy with account management, infrastructure management, implicit policy and frictionless governance in AWS. Platform Architects serve as the primary architectural coach for a domain, spanning teams across multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs), ensuring that team-led design runs in sync with the underlying platform architecture.
Platform Architects are Lean-Agile leaders who work across the organization, partnering with development teams, enterprise and system architects, product management, and leadership to help drive architectural alignment in support of EBSCO's cloud-first mission. They are focused on both near-term support on tactical challenges, and evaluations in support of building architectural runway for the platform's roadmap.
* Evaluate technology choices supported by leading proof-of-concept exercises to make impactful decisions about systems and security - their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles.
* Partner with engineering teams, product managers and the community of architects to identify patterns and platform enablers across the organization.
* Design services and solutions infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure as code with a strong emphasis on standardization and reusability.
* Engage the AWS Enterprise support and account teams on AWS roadmap, feedback, technical, governance and architectural topics.
* Create presentations, white papers, training material, FAQs, etc. covering a wide range of AWS services, best practices, and solutions.
* Evolve and standardize AWS Organizations and IAM reference architectures, to include multiple accounts, policies, roles, federation, and data protection.
* Contribute to reference architectures for EBSCO's cloud platforms that meet the needs of our business initiatives and help inform/influence the platform evolution roadmaps.
* Drive alignment on the organization's long-range plans and support the migration between reference architectures.
* Challenge existing architectures to improve security, cost, resiliency, performance and reliability.
* Engage with the internal development community to guide, inform and influence the architectural alignment of our technology platform.
* Effectively communicate our infrastructure strategy, benefits of technology and platform capabilities to business partners, stakeholders and senior management.
* Participate in and contribute to architecture design reviews and CoPs.
* Promote a culture of feedback loops, trust and partnership with our internal community.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field of study.
* 8+ years software engineering experience in production environments, with distributed applications.
* 5+ years' experience architecting/developing/maintaining cloud solutions in virtualized environments.
* Advanced knowledge of the AWS services, with 3+ years' experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
* In-depth knowledge of AWS products and services and 4+ years' experience in designing, deploying and running AWS solutions in a complex environment - from server-based infrastructure to serverless
* Hands-on experience with the following concepts: AWS Landing Zone, AWS Control Tower and AWS multi-account strategy
* Conversant with Infrastructure as Code, Configuration as Code, GitOps, Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment (CI/CD) practices and tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Atlantis, Ansible, Packer, Python, CloudFormation/Terraform, etc.)
* Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to EKS, ECS, EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, API Gateway, ALB, Route 53, Transit Gateway, IAM, AWS Config, etc.
* AWS - Solutions Architect Certification
* Hands on experience with Istio and/or similar service mesh architectures
* Experience in AWS cost optimization or as part of a FinOps team
* Experience with the AWS Well Architected Framework
* A background designing for and achieving compliance (HIPAA, ISO27001, FEDRAMP)
* Can write high-quality code in a programming language (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, Go) that addresses real-world engineering problems.
* A sense of urgency, and a strong bias for action.
* Strong communication skills and a natural inclination to collaborate.
* Knowledge of one or more project management technologies (Rally, Jira, etc.).
* Experience leading strong personalities by influence.
* Experience with web-based tools for collaboration and communication.
* Exhibits sound judgement and is able to make wise decisions despite ambiguity, identifies root causes and gets beyond treating symptoms.
Important things that you will bring to our culture, but things that we can't teach
Drive - Positive Attitude - Good Judgement - Open Communication - Collaboration - A Desire to Make an Impact - Eager to Understand - Accountability - Decisiveness - You're a Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.