Posted in Management 18 days ago.
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Employment Classification:Per Diem
Time Type:Part time
Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:0
Location:Burlington Hospital - 218 A Sunset Rd
Virtua is seeking a BSN or LSW with CM/CC experience for Per Diem.
Per diemschedule availability is based on needs of department in eight hour shifts from 8:00a-5:00p.
Shifts are open throughout Virtua hospital campuses with availability forweekdays and weekends.
Required to work 2 shifts per month as Per Diem.
Responsible for partnering with the physician and multidisciplinary team in coordinating patient care with the underlying objective of enhancing quality and cost effective care.
Acts as a resource and patient advocate to facilitate a safe transition across the continuum.
* Completes appropriate assessments and plans effectively to meet patient needs, monitors the length of stay and promotes efficient utilization of resources.
* Acts as a clinical expert and maintains ongoing knowledge of clinical practice guidelines.
* Engages the physician and builds seamless continuity of care and is the physicians single consistent resource.
* Problem resolution, patient/family communication.
* Helps identify factors impeding patient progression, resolves, escalates and documents as appropriate.
* Refers appropriate cases for Social Work intervention.
* Appropriate and complete documentation of individual plan of care in EMR and case management documentation system.
* Accountable to job specific goals, objectives and dashboards which contribute to the success of the organization.
* Participates in organizational improvement activities including patient satisfaction, Six Sigma committee, department and/or divisional teams and community activities.
* Understands and applies applicable federal and state requirement.
* Identify and reports compliance issues as appropriate.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Required: Must be RN or Masters prepared Licensed Social Worker or BSW with a minimum of 5 years experience in case management.
Preferred: 3 years clinical nursing (RN) experience and 1 year UR/CM/QM experience or 3 years experience as Clinical Social Worker.
Basic understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care.
Discharge planning or home health background.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Graduate of an approved School of Social Work with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
Licensure and/or certification from the State of New Jersey as a MSW or Registered Nurse.
Case Management Certification (requirement within one year of hire beginning April 1, 2015)