Posted in Other 27 days ago.
Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled Accounting professionals!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Responsible for assisting in the preparation of our SEC filings, including the 10Q's and 10-K, and coordination with our legal team with respect to the Proxy Statement and miscellaneous filings.
* Assist in the preparation of the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K and manage the internal and external review for these documents.
* Assist in the review of quarterly earnings release.
* Coordinate information requests and prepare supporting documentation and analyses to support the financial statements, footnotes and MD&A disclosures, including disclosure checklists and tie-out binders.
* Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the financial close, BOD package, press release, and 10-Q/K.
* Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
* Work with external auditors in conjunction with the annual year-end audit and interim reviews.
* Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
* Create, implement and maintain comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
* Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements and continuously assess financial reporting process for improvements. Support month end and year end closing.
* Participate in other projects as required.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems
* Perform other duties as assigned
* At least 2 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting or at least 4 years of direct SEC financial reporting experience.
* An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting.
* CPA preferred.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work with others in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel required.
Credentials/Licenses: | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
* May be required to travel (via air travel or extended drive times in motor vehicle)
* Work requires stooping, walking, grasping and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work and observing general surrounds and activities.
* Continually required to perceive normal speaking levels with or without correction and have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, reason, and analyze.
* Special Requirements - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Financial Reporting Manager
Interrelationships: NRC Finance
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled