Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Who We Are: Airgas Merchant Gases (AMG) is a leading producer and distributor of industrial and medical gas products in the United States. AMG produces and distributes gas products, provides applications development and support, and manages the supply chain for products sold through both the bulk and packaged gases channels. AMG's products serve a wide network of customers in manufacturing, food and beverage, petrochemical and chemical processing, health care, education, and many other market areas.
The primary responsibility of the Technician- Equipment and Service will be to provide mechanical and light electrical fabrication, assembly and testing of gas related equipment and components designed and built by Airgas for customers in the Chemical, Food, Metals and Specialty Gas industries. This role can also have potential to be involved in supporting the installation, start-up and long term field service of such equipment, including equipment troubleshooting, calibration, repair and customer training. The Technician may also travel to third-party vendors and fabricators to supervise, inspect and conduct testing of outsourced equipment (future).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES :
* Assembly and testing of equipment as defined by technical drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM), specifications, and procedures at the ALTEC or fabricator facility
* Installation and startup of equipment at the customer facility per procedure and training of customer personnel on safe operation of equipment.
* Tube bending, pipe assembly, and some electrical assembly.
* Provide design and reliability feedback to engineers and designers to optimize equipment layout and future designs
* Oversee contractors or perform installation of equipment, piping/tubing at customer locations
* Strict adherence to Airgas safety and quality policies, procedures and required documentation.
* Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) creation or updating for new or modified equipment.
* Effective and efficient teamwork.
* Prompt communication with team members and customers.
* Safe and compliant work practices and engaged with the ALTEC safety program.
* Equipment performance monitoring.
* Equipment troubleshooting, repair, tuning, and calibration.
* Warehouse support activities as needed, which includes receiving/shipping, inventory staging and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Tube bending, HVAC and/or electrical experience a plus.
* Frequent (up to 50% of work time);
* Basic knowledge of Google G Suite and Microsoft Office applications
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings, schematics, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cold and heat conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability