Posted in Other 26 days ago.
Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The EMT-P provides customer oriented high quality patient care, in a safe and efficient manner. The Emergency Medical Paramedic (EMT-P) is responsible for the pre-hospital care and transportation of the sick and injured patient. In every situation the EMT-P does what is right for the patient based on a thorough assessment and implantation of appropriate care. The EMT-P will function at the advanced life support level and perform procedures consistent with his or her training level. The EMT-P must comply with all requirements for training and re-certification which shall follow the current policies of the company, the specific state of work's Health Division and OSHA.
* Delivers customer oriented high quality paramedic care to each patient throughout the transport process.
* Responds to calls of emergency and non-emergency medical services. Drives and operates an ambulance. Performs basic and advanced life saving techniques and other on-site care to victims of accidents, heart attacks, strokes and other traumatic cases.
* Utilizes GMR clinical protocols to provide high quality patient care.
* Performs paramedic expanded scope practice policies and procedures to deliver high quality patient care in the transport environment.
* Demonstrates cognitive and motor skills necessary to perform paramedic scope practice policies and procedures.
* Monitors, records, and reports to receiving staff, patient condition and response to interventions.
* Participates in training sessions and attends classes in emergency medical treatment and related subjects.
* Represents GMR in public relations and safety in-services to improve awareness and safety.
* Other duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, either orally or in writing.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Must hold and maintain a current, valid Driver's License along with clean driving record.
* Current unrestricted EMT-P license in the State of practice plus National Registry (Oregon position: must possess Oregon EMT-P license 30 days prior to date of hire.)
* Current AHA ACLS, AHA BLS
* PALS, NRP, PHTLS or required within one (1) year of hire (talk with General Manager prior to class)
* Accountability for strong customer service.
* Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing at levels in the organization.
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure, works efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set and reset multiple priorities.
* Must have a good driving and criminal record and be able to pass a company background investigation and physical examination.
* Remains cognizant of local EMS county protocols and requirements.
* Participates in public relation events and safety in-services.
* Considerable knowledge of company ambulance operations, tools, equipment and their proper use.
* Presents a professional image (on and off duty) as a Cal-Ore team member.
* Maintains a positive team attitude with paramedic, respiratory therapists, pilot, mechanics and communication specialist by working cohesively.
* Has the ability to work independently and tolerate high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled