Posted in Other 24 days ago.
What does the Interim Director of Nursing do?:
In this head of nursing role at a multi-million dollar skilled nursing care center, you would oversee the nursing department and ensures resident needs are met by coordinating resident care, managing clinical systems and providing supervision to clinical team members. You would be responsible for managing the clinical resources effectively and efficiently to attain and maintain the highest level of care to residents in accordance with nursing and regulatory standards. If you know regulation, if you know how to lead, if you know what it takes to be massively successful in a leadership role in the skilled nursing clinical environment, this is for you.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Interim Director of Nursing role and what can we offer you?
The Director of Nursing (Registered Nurse) role is truly unique and for the right person, is exactly what they seek in their professional life. Consider what we can offer you:
* We are a 35+ year old, family owned and operated organization that has a strong promote from within culture.
* You would be in a leadership position, overseeing the entire clinical and care program including coaching and teaching many staff (Certified Nursing Assistant CNAs, Licensed Practical Nurses LPNs, and Registered Nurses RNs).
* A robust and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, EAP, 401k match, employer paid life and disability insurance, and more.
* A defined and comprehensive month-long onboarding and training program for all new Directors of Nursing.
* Accessible and engaging regional operations and nursing support staff to bounce ideas off of, get additional guidance, and partnership to allow you to be a high performer.
In this job, every day you will....
1. Direct the entire nursing department by setting department goals, and objectives, and leading the clinical team to achieve greatness.
2. Proactively manage care and services for reach resident including coordinating admissions, overseeing care planning, facilitating nursing practices and procedures, and more.
3. Provide supervisor, training, development, and support to all clinical team members assuring annual reviews are completed, competencies are evaluated, and training is completed as needed.
4. Oversees the documentation and communication of resident care and services. Confirms resident records are completed in a timely manner and maintained according to company policies and state regulations. Maintains confidentiality and protects resident information according to the state or federal regulations.
5. Develops and evaluates, in partnership with the clinical care team and administrator, the resident care goals and policies in order to assure that adequate resources and services are provided to residents. Reviews reports and medical records on an ongoing basis to ensure highest practicable care is being delivered.
6. 3. Participates in leadership team by actively contributing in decision making, grievance follow up, building and company-wide initiatives and attending leadership team meetings such as daily stand up, Managing Acute Care Conditions (MACC), Nutrition at Risk (NAR), Utilization Review (UR), Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) and other meetings as required.
Education Experience you need to qualify:
* You must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Associate Degree in Nursing, with a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of practice.
* You will need to bring a minimum of 4 years working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies.
* You need to have at least two years in supervisory/management position, including experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling preferred. Additional course work in management is an asset.
* Ability to creatively problem solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
* Must be a team player, well organized, and flexible. Working knowledge of MDS process, state and federal survey, and CMS is preferred.
Ways you can advance beyond the Interim Director of Nursing role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Regional Support Nurse, Sr. Regional Support Nurse, or other corporate/higher level nursing jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.
Who is Prestige Care?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees:
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage:
* HSA/FSA accounts:
* Employer paid group life and ADD insurance:
* 401(k) plan with company match:
* Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays:
* Employee Assistance Program:
* Commitment to career development and continuing education:
* Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement:
* Flexible scheduling:
* Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!:
*Benefits may vary by location: