Posted in Other 19 days ago.
The Field Service Technician independently repairs machines in the field, shop, or customer's location. This role removes, installs, repairs, and performs failure analysis of all Caterpillar engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, and electronic and computer applications. Five years' experience and current CDL is required; Caterpillar experience is preferred.
* Conducts necessary machine performance and diagnostic tests, interprets results and makes an independent decision as to the extent of machine repair.
* Uses troubleshooting methods to repair and diagnose machine and attachment failures and performs repairs according to time requirement guidelines (TRG) standards. Escalates unresolved issues to Technical Communicators for further research and assistance.
* Adapts knowledge of Caterpillar machine systems to troubleshoot and repair new equipment models.
* Performs work in the field, shop, or at customer locations which can include overtime and overnight assignments.
* Repairs machines without error and consistently repairs machines within the time requirement guidelines.
* Repairs warranty and service letter issues efficiently and as soon as possible.
* Uses web based STW, SIS, and ET effectively to address technical issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance with outlined procedures.
* Conducts business professionally. Maintains self control and integrity in stressful situations. Maintains a professional image.
* Adheres to all customer requirements while on job site.
* Orders parts required to complete repairs. Evaluates parts to determine reusability and cause of failure.
* Completes service reports, time entry, and all other paperwork and reporting on a laptop and submits them daily via e-mail.
* Communicates machine issues, problem resolution plan(s) and status of repair(s) to customer during repairs.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to self-schedule and perform duties with minimal supervision required.
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the public.
* Knowledgeable in all Caterpillar machine systems.
* Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
* Ability to drive for long periods of time and travel away from home as required.
* Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* Associates Degree or technical training from an accredited vocational school preferred.
* Five years experience in diagnosis and repair of heavy equipment. Knowledge of scrapers and crawler tractors, loaders, excavators, off highway trucks, required. Caterpillar experience preferred.
* Prior experience in troubleshooting methods and systems required.
* Must own required tools.
* Must have a current CDL with air brake experience and acceptable driving record. Must meet DOT requirements.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States' Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.