Posted in Other 22 days ago.
Location: Richland, Washington
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Travel Required: N
Potential for Telework: Y
Ability to obtain a "Q" Security Clearance
North Wind Solutions is a Government contracting small business with operations at military and civilian installations across the United States. The company's focus is facilities operation and maintenance, waste management and radiological services, security control and force protection, and environmental services.
In support of the North Wind IT Infrastructure organization, this senior level position will be part of a team responsible for supporting the technical infrastructure that includes hardware, software and cloud service provider components. An in-depth understanding of enterprise environments and supporting infrastructure to ensure enterprise level performance, availability and security. This role will be a go-to resource providing support, implementation, and design services for other areas of the organization and its customers. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new technical initiatives. Implements new solutions as required by the business.
* Work closely with Cyber Security, IT Governance and Standards, and DevSecOps teams.
* Collaborate on IT roadmaps
* Project Management and Delivery
* Assist in SOW and BOM creation
* Identify Technical risks
* Collaborates with product and project teams to research and design best fit infrastructure, network, database, storage and security architectures for products
* Automate tasks where appropriate with scripts or other tools
* Supports disaster recovery planning, engineering efforts and recovery operations.
* Guides root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for service interruptions
* Serves as in-house expert on best practices and efficient solutions supporting the Identity and Access Management (IAM) strategy to ensure proper implementation and leveraging of the Identity Management solutions.
* Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
* Serves as the first line of escalation support for domain technology issues that cannot be resolved by tier one and two support.
* B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, computer related discipline or 10+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment.
* Experience in design and implementation of Enterprise Storage products
* Extensive experience with infrastructure, and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
* Extensive knowledge with Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy Management
* Extensive knowledge with DNS, DHCP, DFS, in a Windows 20xx landscape
* Extensive knowledge with enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems, Windows Server Operating Systems such as RHEL 7/8, Windows 20xx
* Knowledgeable in O365 and its supporting systems (Exchange, Security, Conditional Access Policies)
* Extensive knowledge in patch management
* Experience in windows deployment solutions (SCCM)
* Deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices
* Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and written, to end users and executive management, understanding when to speak up and deliver an assertive message in support of the project.
* Team player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with our business and other IT members.
* Ability and willingness to multi-task and work in an often fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
* Leads learning efforts inside the organization focused on systems engineering
* Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.