Posted in Management 28 days ago.
Job TitleProgram Manager (Hampton, NJ)
RequisitionJR000011197 Program Manager (Hampton, NJ) (Open)
LocationUS Specialty Brand Headquarters - USA501
Additional LocationsHampton, NJ
The Program Manager will primarily focus on program implementations or multiple projects with high degree of visibility, complexity, interdependency, constraints, risk, resources, and/or project spend. The program manager will act as senior member of the Program Management Office.
* Drives the creation and refinement of business cases. Facilitates the extraction and capture of high level project goals, objectives, scope, approach, constraints, dependencies, resource requirements, benefit drivers (strategic objectives, product launches, compliance severity, financial return), cost drivers (capital versus expense) and additional factors such as technical complexity, business complexity and extensibility.
* Facilitates vendor management from ideation thru contracts.
* Works with Purchasing and Legal to route contracts (ex: master service agreements, statement of work, order forms, license agreements, etc). Includes facilitating reviews on architecture, cybersecurity and data privacy.
* Creates capital expenditure requests based on detailed budget preparations.
* Applies capitalization and expense assumptions in compliance with Technical accounting.
* Manages project financials to include budgets, actuals/accruals and forecasts.
* Effectively uses Coupa, Dolphin and SAP to manage the supporting P2P processes for all project related purchases.
* Creates and manages project plans to include tasks, dependencies, durations, % complete, start/end dates, critical path, etc. Demonstrates effective use of scheduling techniques within Microsoft Project (ex: forward vs backward scheduling).
* Creates and manages resource plans, RAID logs, RACI charts and status reports. Creates status reports / presentations commensurate for project audience (ex: project team versus steering committee).
* Complies with all PMO standards and provides feedback loop to PMO on improvement opportunities.
* Acts a PMO ambassador by educating BI&TS and business resources PMO process and tools.
* May manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Actively manages vendor relationships throughout project implementations.
* Actively identifies problem resources and recommends thoughtful actions for resolution.
* Manages multiple projects that are highly integrated (ex: acquisitions, divestitures, ERP rollouts, etc).
* Identifies the appropriate governance structure and levels to effectively manage programs (ex: steering committee, PMO, workstreams, etc).
* Prepares executive level diagrams depicting program scope, rollouts, dependencies, constraints, etc.
* Guides PMs and other project leads on the appropriate rollup of plans, status, risks and issues.
* Strongly emphasizes change management principles throughout program. Facilitates appropriate communications and training strategy, approach and plans.
* Actively seeks best practices to program ambiguity or complexity via independent research, industry analysts, vendor client/customer references and conferences.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, IT, Business or related field.
* 10+ years of Project Management experience including managing project financials (budgets, accruals, actuals and forecasts).
* 5+years of Program Management experience. Includes multiple programs, multi-year, staggered yet parallel and integrated projects.
* Hands-on experience in project management, preferably in Pharma or Life Sciences.
* Depth in a specific domain (ex: infrastructure, security, commercial, R&D, ERP, etc).
* Multiple full lifecycle project implementations from Due Diligence thru Go-Live and Transition.
* Multiple program implementations with several concurrent and interdependent projects.
* Proven ability to navigate large corporate organizations and effectively coordinate with all level of personnel as required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and within team environments.
Individual contributor, but provides significant guidance to business and BI&TS leadership on the management of programs and significant projects.
Typical office environment with some travel. 10% travel anticipated, however, could be more depending on project needs.