Posted in Other 14 days ago.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting InSHAPE members develop and implement their personal wellness program. Provides support and education related to physical fitness, nutrition, and wellness. Encourages by example. Assists in training of volunteer mentors and other mentors as needed. Provides group activity instruction. Works independently in community settings with individual consumers or leading group activities.. Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Science, Social Work, Psychology, Education or related field.
• Personal Training Certification preferred.
• Interpersonal / relationship building skills.
• Knowledge of physical fitness and wellness.
• History of experience working with diverse populations.
• Organizational skills: ability to manage own schedule with client and group commitment, ability to manage a balance of direct care and documentation responsibilities.
• Physically active and believes in the benefits of good health.