To perform the production process in order to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals and client/customer expectations.
• Maintain a safe working environment at all times and comply to all safety rules
• Responsible for movement of trailers to and from the docks as required
• Prepare and load all LTL shipments and prepare all CPU orders for pickup
• Seal all outbound loads for security
• Perform yard audits of equipment as required
• Perform preventative maintenance on all yard equipment
• Support other team members, learn new skills, and make improvements that will assist the team in meeting its goals
• Will support receiving and/or mill as required
• Will cross-train within Materials department
• Other tasks as assigned by the Shipping supervisor
• Willing to be cross-trained and accept additional task when need arises to meet customer demands.
• Participation in 5S continuous improvements.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• A high school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED) is preferred.
• Must have and maintain valid driver's license
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to safely spot trailers using yard truck
• CDL certification required
• Prefer fork truck license
• Must be detailed oriented and willing to work in a team environment
• Must understand operations and PM of trucks
• Good written and oral communication skills.
Must read, analyze, and interpret common business documents such as packing lists, manifests, bills of lading, pallet tickets, or job orders. Must communicate effectively with co-workers and customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints.
Use basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to such tasks as inventory control, material ordering, and job order verification.
Perceive problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an assorted number of tasks or instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, crouch, use stairs to access work area, stand, bend, reach and feel with hands and arms and walk for entirety of shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Indoor and outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and requires the use of hearing protection. Safety protection, glasses, hearing, and gloves are required. Overtime required per overtime policy as production demands.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression; and it will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability, which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.