Posted in Admin - Clerical 10 days ago.
Trinidad Benham Corporation, a national leader in the processing and packaging of edible beans, rice, popcorn and aluminum foil, is looking to add a Quality Coordinator to support QA across all Trinidad Benham facilities. The position can be based in LaVergne, TN or Denver, CO. Looking to continue your career with a stable, yet growing organization? We are a 100% employee-owned company offering an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Trinidad Benham cares about you beyond a paycheck and a benefits package. We are culture of teamwork, creativity, pride, and ownership. Everyone at Trinidad Benham strives cohesively to offer exceptional products and service because we know our efforts result in a healthy bottom line and a thriving ESOP. Join the Trinidad Benham team today. You will receive health care benefits, basic and supplemental life insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, and more!
The Quality Coordinator will provide QA support to all Trinidad Benham (TBC) facilities and assist Corporate QA Management with oversight and implementation of company food safety and quality policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works to perpetuate a culture where food safety and quality are of the highest priority.
• Works directly with plant managers and QA staff to update and implement food safety and quality systems in multiple facilities.
• Train on and monitors regulatory changes to ensure company compliance.
• Monitors and maintains TBC quality databases.
• Monitors and maintains vendor and customer databases. Communicates with vendors and customers on a continual basis to ensure required documentation is current.
• Insures proper documentation and record control over all areas of TBC quality.
• Coordinates and oversees customer complaint response program.
• Maintains company Organic and Kosher programs
• Coordinates with outside laboratories on product-testing programs.
• Maintains food safety certifications at certified facilities by continually monitoring compliance and working with third party auditing companies to schedule and conduct annual inspections.
• Identifies and implements corrective and preventative actions resulting from inspections or customer complaints.
• Conducts investigations into customer complaints and perform necessary product trace in recall/withdrawal situations.
• May conduct customer and vendor visits to discuss issues of quality and other relevant topics as needed.
• Assists with annual system reviews, document reviews, and updates to ensure continued compliance to food safety program requirements.
• Provides assistance with training and process improvement and implementation with quality and management personnel throughout the company.
• Travels to Trinidad locations to assist with issues of quality and food safety as needed. Up to 50% or more travel, may be required to facilities nationwide.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Food Safety or Quality related field
• Knowledge of and experience utilizing GFSI/SQF standards required.
• HACCP / PCQI / SQF Practitioner certification preferred.
• FSVP training a plus but not required.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Employee is frequently (more than 75% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools or controls, sit; verbally communicate; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles/dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Protective equipment, such as hearing protection, safety glasses, hair net and food safety related items, is required.
Travel will be expected in this position.
Trinidad Benham Corporation is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.