LexisNexis Risk Solutions We develop industry-leading compliance solutions to help customers fight financial crimes and stay abreast of anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, and countering financing of terrorism legislations. LexisNexis Risk cares about our world and we would love for you to join our team if you want to help solve meaningful problems too.
The primary role of the Technical Consultant is to act as the technical lead for project implementation of Fraud & Identity (F&I) products and solutions. The TC is expected to engage with business and technical stakeholders on the customer's side in order to implement selected LexisNexis Risk solutions, typically beginning with the contract order and ending in full production. The TC may work independently with a customer on small or limited scope engagements or may act as part of a larger engagement team, according to needs and project size. The TC is responsible for technical consulting as well as business process-related consulting services directly to clients. Internally, the TC interacts with and influences internal stakeholders: sales, product, and support teams; other relevant internal staff; and post-production transition support. The technical solutions consultant should demonstrate proficiency in or the ability to quickly learn relevant LexisNexis Risk products (including software and hardware as applicable), knowledge of common industry practices for consuming/delivering services over the internet, and possesses high proficiency with tools, processes, and methods required to execute duties as described above and to perform troubleshooting of hosted software services with minimal supervision. The technical consultant should possess excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to represent the professional services team in targeted meetings with internal and external (customer-facing) contacts.
Note that this role has an immediate focus to support migration of customers from a legacy platform to the current best-of-breed solution for specific consumer verification and authentication products. (The role will evolve into a broader Technical Consulting role.) Migration support in the technical consulting role will involve inquiry and assessment of current customers within the legacy system (via SQLqueries, inspection of XML data, performance modeling, etc.), technical conversion, testing support, and support for new customer deployment.
1. Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
2. Consultative Ability: Competent consultative skills with the ability to collaborate and to explore options, to demonstrate and to effectively use active listening skills to understand business customer needs.
3. Client Service Orientation: Solid ability to use technical concepts and tools to effectively resolve client issues, while valuing client needs as high priority.
4. Innovation: Strong affinity to try new methods and new approaches to problem-solving.
5. Resourcefulness: Solid ability to effectively set direction, aligns constituencies, and motivates others to accomplish goals.
6. Planning & Organization: Sound organizational and time management skills.
7. Presentation Skills & Communication: Solid oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to deliver client presentations and performance analysis.
8. Problem Solving & Judgment: Solid analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to understand and think analytically about complex business problems. Sound troubleshooting skills.
9. Product Knowledge: Ability to acquire in-depth product knowledge through informal and formal training, hands on exposure to various products, and independent inquiry and trial.
10. Relationship Building: Relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate and interact effectively with internal and external clients including but not limited to sales, product management, engineering, network operations, and client support.
11. Results Orientation / Execution: Possesses the ability to prioritize and handle multiple requests concurrently. Self-Motivated.
12. Teamwork: Ability to work in a team environment, by soliciting input and feedback. Deals effectively with conflict. Leverages remote technologies for collaboration and interaction with peers and customers.
- 2+ plus years of industry experience working with business customers using SAAS (Software as a Service) Customer presentation experience in a sales, sales support, technical support or SME role
- Exposure to a software environment involving hands-on technical problem solving or technical implementations with clients.
- Proficiency in SQL; specific experience with MS Sql Server, MySQL and Oracle is a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of at least one major coding language (.NET C#, Visual Basic, Java, etc.) and coding concepts (Note: This is NOT a coding position, but candidate may be working collaboratively with development staff both internally and externally.) Experience with consumer facing applications/websites is a plus.
- Exposure to open source tools for REST and SOAP client side development (SoapUI, Postman, etc.)
- Exposure to mobile application development (IOS, Android)
- Workflow and business process exposure
- Exposure to back-end office systems and networking principles
- Working knowledge and/or specialized understanding of HTML, XML, Web Services, REST services and other widely used Internet-based technologies.
- Experience working in a matrixed project team.
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We are adaptable, curious and ambitious. That is why here, you will have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org .