Current Employees: If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Screener.
The Patient Screener welcomes visitors (i.e. vendors, customers, patients, staff, students etc) to the department by greeting them and ensures they abide by all visitor policies. This job conducts the initial screening of visitors, using the appropriate protocol an distributes any needed personal protective equipment
• Greets patients/visitors upon arrival at building entrances
• Directs patient/visitor appropriately based on screening responses
• Distributes appropriate sticker, indicating the level of personal protective equipment (PPE) required
• Provides hospital approved mask to those entering building with instructions that it must be worn in our facility
• Provides instructions to use hand hygiene dispensers before entering building
• Ensures proper physical distancing is always maintained following established guidelines
• Ensures adequate supplies are on hand
• Works with site leaders to resolve unique situations and troubleshoot issues that may arise
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Incumbent must be flexible with assignment location
• Environment - work outside of building
• Temperature check
• Flexibility to work on the weekends is required - depending on location
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.