Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
Babcock and Wilcox Construction Co., LLC is seeking a Connon Directs Supenrintendent for a jobsite in Monaca, PA. This position will report to a manager from Great Arrow Builders LLC (GAB). GAB is a consolidated joint association formed to support direct hire construction work for the Pennsylvania Chemicals Project (Petrochemical Facility).
Assigned to a field construction organization managing the Common Directs across the Project. In addition, provides support to the Project Superintendent and acts as the deputy for all project field activities in the Project Superintendents absence. Responsible for all jobsite activities associated with the Common Directs role and ensures construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, and that construction operations are completed safely, to quality standards, on schedule, and within budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for the management of Common Directs which includes but not limited to, facilitating the coordination of pipe testing equipment across the project, managing torque and tensioning and flange facing activities.
2. Assist the Project Superintendent in managing the execution of the environmental compliance plan, safety plan, non-manual staffing plan, subcontracting plan, labor strategy, construction execution plan, and job-site work rules.
3. Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel and ensures effective personnel utilization.
4. Establishes, coordinates and implements construction schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
5. Controls jobsite expenditures in assigned area for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within budget.
6. Responsible for overall supervision of personnel.
7. Ensures performance evaluations are conducted on assigned personnel and counseling programs are maintained.
8. Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
9. Responsible for coordination of construction operations to ensure they coincide with the overall established schedules.
Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
Ensures that Bechtel and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with in assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision-making in the executive of duties.
Provides oversight, guidance and leadership to the field engineering, project controls and workface planning personnel assigned to the area.
Experienced working with the USA Buildings Trades.
Knowledge and demonstrated competency in all phases of construction operations relating to common direct activities and jobsite management.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)