Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Who We Are
Experience Design & Research is a multidisciplinary design and research team dedicated to delivering innovative, differentiated, and exceptional experiences for clients, prospects, and partners by demonstrating a deep understanding of their needs. Experience Design & Research is committed to growing and supporting a diverse team, with a collaborative environment that provides educational and career growth opportunities.
As a Digital Product Designer, you will sit side by side with technology and product teams to support the agile development process. Your work will elevate our digital experiences through compelling and clean design that reflects the needs of our partners and clients. A systems thinker, you can see tough challenges from multiple perspectives and uncover the sweet spot among Northern Trust's capabilities and business objectives as well as client and partner needs and behaviors.
What You Will Do
The Digital Product Designer is a curious, collaborative individual who leads with empathy, takes ownership of projects and:
• Contributes to an open culture that enables employees' development through direct but kind feedback, promotes diverse perspectives and fosters a sense of curiosity and optimism
• Collaborates with product owners, business analysts, designers, architects, and developers to validate ideas, designs, and interaction concepts
• Designs user experiences, from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
• Develops interactive data dashboards and visualizations
• Measures recently release Experience Design & Research d product features to establish benchmarks and identify potential areas of improvement
Your Knowledge and Skills
As a Digital Product Designer, you should have working knowledge, or experience with at least some, but not all, of the following:
• UX or interaction design experience, and/or education in design or a related field
• Experience designing web applications and using responsive design best practices
• Design thinking and UI/UX best practices, as demonstrated in a portfolio
• Ability to recognize, predict and incorporate use cases and user interactions in design
• Understanding of information design/architecture, gestalt principles and user psychology
The following nice-to-haves represent just a few of the other experiences that may be relevant to this position:
• Experience working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, preferably in an agile environment
• Creating and implementing accessible (WCAG 2.1) designs
• Using or building design systems
• Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, as well as a sensitivity to typography, color, layout and a general awareness of materials/textures
• Experience gathering user feedback and making informed ux decisions