Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
Manages a full set of fee revenue producing investment accounts ranging from moderately sized to large and sensitive personal trust and individual relationships. Attention to detail and deep expertise in managing personal assets across asset classes and entity type is required. Operates within the framework of the underlying document, developing strategies designed to achieve specific investment goals. Assignments generally involve a high level of client servicing, regular proactive client outreach, in some cases as primary client contact, as well as participation in the sales process.
1. Manages investment activities for a full set of fee revenue producing accounts, representing moderately sized to large and sensitive high net worth personal trusts, individual investment, and court appointed accounts.
2. Manages accounts that may require complex decision making or special handling due to the nature of the relationship, size, or type of assets managed, sensitive client issues, coordinating shared authority with outside attorneys/consultants.
3. Develops, recommends, and directs the execution of programs designed to achieve investment objectives for accounts or family relationships. Reviews and analyzes investments to select assets and manage individual portfolios.
4. Ascertains the purpose or intentions of the trust/agency agreement and the level of investment authority granted to the trustee/agent.
5. Analyzes and plans the overall investment strategy of the trust/agency account with continuous revision of account objectives in context of client needs.
6. Maintains extensive contact with personal trust relationship managers, clients, co-trustees, consultants, the bank's legal area and outside attorneys to ensure communication of trust/agency requirements and coordinate portfolio activity.
7. Maintains a current awareness of new investment strategies and instruments through regular contact with the investment research area and other industry professionals, as well as through personal research.
8. Participates in the development of new investment business with personal financial planning staff by discussing personal investment services with prospects..
9. Ensures the completion of processing needs relative to the administration of assigned accounts.
10. Performs financial analysis on individual assets as appropriate.
11. Serves on standing investment services committee and on ad hoc unit committees as appropriate.
Knowledge of investment and portfolio management theory, accounting and financial principles, associated investment strategies and instruments, and characteristics of various marketplaces, usually acquired through formal education and work experience, is required to manage portfolios.Knowledge of investment terminology, the laws and regulations governing trust investments and taxation, as well as the bank's investment policies, procedures and strategies, usually acquired through work experience and formal education, is required to operate within the framework of trust documents. Decision making, sales, and negotiating skills are required to guide sensitive or difficult situations through to agreement.
Candidates should have 10 years or more of investment experience, which may include research, in which consistent long term investment performance has met objectives and experience as a Personal Investment Portfolio Manager. Candidates should have a CFA, CIMA, CFP and or MBA. Excellent communication, client servicing and business development skills are required.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.