The Aviation business line within the Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) operation of the Civil Group is seeking a Principal Contract Administrator. The Principal Contract Administrator will be responsible for managing contracts and staff for the Aviation business line within the Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) operation of the Civil Group. The Aviation business line provides airport and critical infrastructure screening products for the US government and commercial customers across the world. This is a great opportunity to support a growth business in an exciting industry while also working at a large company with an established Contracts function.
The Principal Contract Administrator will provide overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws. Portfolio will be primarily commercial and international contracts, but may also include municipal and US government contracts. Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts. The position may be located at either the Leidos Headquarters in Reston, Virginia or in SD&A offices in Tewksbury, Massachusetts or Vista, CA.
- Collaborate closely with proposal teams, program teams, and other functional areas. Stay engaged throughout the proposal process and program lifecycles to proactively contribute to the success of the business.
- Provide key support of proposal development, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Work closely with Legal to support negotiation of commercial contracts, teaming agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Provide advice and counsel to Group counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos' as well as the customer's expectations and objectives.
- Develop or review prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Must have experience working within government contracts arena with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Proven experience working with municipal, international, and commercial contracts.
- Experience with fixed price and time and material contract types.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have a good working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding contractual
issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Experience as Contracts lead on large proposals is required.
- Experience working with the Transportation Security Administration is preferred.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.