Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
Overview of New Team Purpose and Mission
RB is establishing a new team that will help us gain a better understanding of air and how we can impact pathogen transmission that occurs via air. We believe that that this work may also help reduce Antimicrobial Resistance in hospitals, long term care facilities, and home settings. This aligns with RBs vision of helping people live healthier and better lives through innovative solutions.
You will create and lead a geographically dispersed R & D team focused on gaining a holistic understanding of air and ways to prevent pathogen transmission via the air. This team will be charged with building relevant research programs, capability, and partnerships. Some areas of focus may include:
• Proposing and managing evidence-based studies to gain both understanding of gap areas and KOL endorsement
• Execute research to close knowledge gaps using advanced tools and new perspectives. Key focus areas:
• What is air and what impact does the air matrix (particulates, allergens, environmental conditions) have on pathogen transmission?
• How can we break the chain of infection from transmission of pathogens through the air in occupied space (indoor/home, day care, schools, community and healthcare settings including automobiles)
• Evaluation of actives (new and old), technologies (new and old) and innovative combination of the two can be applied in this area
• Method and protocol development
• Build capability and expertise in the area of air through external partnerships, and publication. Act as a subject matter expert throughout the company.
• Design experimental plans, lead study execution, analyze experimental data, author technical reports and product summaries. Plan and prioritize experiments in alignment with company goals and manage projects to meet timelines.
• Provide technical leadership and support to a diverse scientific team including virologists, mycologists, and bacteriologist each with a unique workstream. Support appropriate capability and expertise build within each workstream. Communicate effectively across the team, with senior management, and external partners to accomplish goals.
• Interact closely with internal stakeholders (product design, regulatory) to develop research focus and deliverables.
• Maintain high level of professional expertise and substantial knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products, review of current scientific literature, and attendance at scientific seminars and meetings. Actively present findings at scientific conferences (external and internal) and prepare other publications and communications when appropriate to build scientific credibility and equity.
• Exercise practical judgment within broadly defined practices and policies and exhibit creativity and foresight in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Candidates should have a PhD in biology, microbiology, virology, immunology, cell biology, or a related discipline.
• 15+ years of relevant post-PhD research experience focused in pathogen transmission, and a holistic understanding of how air impacts transmission.
• Strong technical and scientific background in current molecular biology methods including RT-PCR technologies and cell culture techniques preferred.
• Strong understanding of globally important infectious disease agents, routes of transmission, and control strategies.
• Working knowledge of other areas of microbiology, including probiotics and mycology.
• Knowledge of disinfectants and antiseptic activity and chemistry
• Innovative mindset, collaborative team player, effective critical thinker, clear communicator (oral and written), and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Training and experience handling pathogenic organisms in a biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) environment
• Strong history of publication and leadership within professional organizations and KOL network.
• Proactive mindset to actively seek out new opportunities to partner and build influence within scientific community.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Immunology, Medical Lab, Cytology, Healthcare