The Senior Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Plant Leadership Team (PLT) and Corporate Finance with timely and accurate reporting. This guidance will include insight into performance, identify areas of improvement and facilitate strategic decisions. This position will be responsible for all internal controls under their purview and will interface with internal and external auditors. The candidate may be assigned to corporate teams outside of the specific location to drive value within the Company.
* Provide month end support to the Manufacturing team by timely distribution of reports and metrics. (US Stock Operations) * Create and maintain plant specific scorecards
* Prepare plant forecasts and the annual budget in line with corporate targets and expectations. * Work with Plant Leadership to support capital investment and monitor ROI.
* Prepare and present a monthly financial summary of performance specific to the location. * Work with plant engineering to identify and measure VICO savings opportunities. * Support the Group Controller team by being the champion of the systems that provide key manufacturing and financial data. * Perform other tasks as directed by the Plant Manager or the Corporate Finance Team.
* Prepare a global daily operations report of key metrics with commentary. (US Stock Operations) * Compile and present a weekly update to the Operations Group summarizing financial and operational metrics from the week before. (US Stock Operations) * Provide month end support to the Manufacturing team by timely distribution of reports and metrics. (US Stock Operations) * Participate in month end close to ensure Inventory, Labor, Overhead and Variances are reconciled and reviewed according to Company month end cadence.
* Prepare requests for capital expenditure, conduct post-completion audits, and track expenditures against approval.
* Track expenses for accuracy and evaluation, including comparison to budget expectations. * Ensure Internal and External audit engagements are completed timely and audit questions are addressed appropriately.
* Conduct local internal control audits to ensure compliance to Company documented controls. (SOX) * Ensure the safeguarding of assets and confidentiality of financial reporting * Lead by example consistent with company vision, mission and CITE principles
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
(Education, Experience and Skills)
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field; CPA license or Master's degree in related field is helpful.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with financial management/analyst experience.
• Ability to champion Company's Culture and Vision, including CITE principles and Working in Teams.
• Ability to work in a team environment and self-directed. Demonstrated ability to manage projects or drive change a plus.
• Excellent personal computer skills in network environment. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business/technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.