Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a safety-conscious, energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented individual to be a part of the maintenance team as an Industrial Maintenance Technician. As a maintenance team, our priority is to ensure the plant is performing at the highest possible standard. As an Oldcastle Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for work assigned to the Maintenance Department. The primary duties are to maintain and repair plant production equipment and facilities, as directed while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of CNC, PLC and VFD controlled machinery. Must have troubleshooting and repair experience with electrical controls and electro-pneumatic controls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform a variety of plant diagnostic, maintenance, repair, and installation operations • Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment • Assemble, install, test operate, and inspect machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards • Maintain and complete required maintenance records of all repairs and materials via mobile device • Thoroughly perform routine and preventative maintenance procedures assigned • Work closely with production team to solve manufacturing problems; coordinate with supervisors and departments to ensure optimal use of resources and time • Work under tight and critical deadlines; can shift focus based on the needs of the plant • Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
• Minimum of three (3) year's experience in a maintenance capacity • Troubleshooting and repair experience with electrical controls and electro pneumatic controls • Ability to interpret specifications, blueprints and job orders • Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene • Experience operating grinders; drill press; saws; lathes; milling machines; misc. machines; alter and repair fixtures and tools; sharpening tools. • Knowledge and comprehension of English including reading, writing, and speaking • Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications. • Ability to diagnose and repair electric, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment • Strong troubleshooting skills • Ability to fabricate repair parts using machine shop equipment • Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations as defined by OSHA and the company • Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
• This position requires that objects such as motors, pumps, welding equipment, etc. be moved from one position/location to another to maintain production equipment throughout the plant • Muscular and cardiovascular endurance are required, along with upper and lower body manipulation functions to perform functions required to maintain machinery such as bending, twisting, and reaching motions • Tight gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver up to 75 lbs. of objects to platform heights of 3 feet in a manner considered safe for self and others • Standing on a concrete floor, working under floor lighting, wearing steel-toed boots • Must be able to hear commands in a noisy atmosphere
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Only online applications will be accepted • When applying, please provide full employment history • Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2021
Nearest Major Market: Long Island Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty Job Segment: Hydraulics, Industrial, Maintenance, Technician, Electrical, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing