Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Merchant Services is investing in a global leadership position in the rapidly evolving payments landscape with an aggressive transformation agenda. This multiyear firm-wide strategy will build customer-centric payments solutions for business clients. It's a unique opportunity to build a modern product suite on a cloud based, big data platform at an enterprise scale. In addition, the agile operating model will co-locate product owners, designers, and engineers to rapidly bring-to market new product features. As a result, this transformation team will leverage the power of the firm to help clients expand globally with speed, efficiency, and innovation.
To help drive the transformation, JPMorgan Chase is seeking a uniquely talented & proven Product Director - Client Automation. This entrepreneurial leader will help evolve the Merchant Services Helix next generation platform and lay out avenues to bring on new clients and migrate existing clients to the new platform.
Technical and non-functional characteristics have emerged as a strategic aspect of modern payments platforms. The ability to efficiently scale globally, to provide clients self-service features, such as operational dashboards to monitor their traffic and health, evolution of self-healing and other embedded intelligent capabilities, and the representation of modern engineering disciplines have emerged as a major unique selling point in a crowded space of payments providers.
The Product Director will also shape and create roadmaps for capabilities that help clients to optimize the way Helix products are accessed, configured and consumed.
The Product Director will shape a product vision in this new and emerging space, working very closely with engineering leaders and other stakeholders, that will result in an executable strategy.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape a critical part of each client's experience when working with JPMorgan Merchant Services.
The Product Director will deliver robust roadmaps using their expertise in product management, engineering expertise, customer & client experience, business engineering, technical architecture, and agile delivery.
The ideal candidate understands the payments industry landscape (consumers, merchants, acquirers, networks, issuers, etc.), payment types & methods (credit card, debit card, ACH, new alternatives, etc.), design thinking (client journey, UX, moments of truth), consumer & merchant payment channels (e/m-commerce, POS, etc.), modern technology stacks (cloud, big data, microservices, API's, etc.), and industry business models.
Finally, the ideal candidate is a highly organized and self-motivated leader who designs customer-obsessed products, manages a product release plan, flexibly adapts to internal & market forces, and has superior influencing / relationship management skills.
This position will succeed by adding new capabilities to the platform that deliver stakeholder results, positive OSAT/NPS, product performance KPI, time-to-market, delivery clock-speed, team satisfaction, and partner satisfaction.
• Lead and participate in roadmap development and evolution
• Developing and maintaining stakeholder communications on our roadmap and approach
• Evaluate alternative methods to solve for a particular feature, inclusive of what JPMC may offer in other LOB's today and build vs buy vs partner
• Ensure the design of a product platform with APIs, services, and data-driven insights that deliver unique experiences across client journeys
• Design a product architecture that reduces time-to-market for new features, simplifies internal/external dependencies, and scales to a global environment
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop recommendations for delivery issues, change requests, pre-release QA, production issues
• Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, product requirements/epics/stories to support development
• Monitor industry assessment that provides detailed insights into the competitive landscape and best practices
• Partner with teams (product, design, technology, risk, legal, compliance, ops, marketing, sales...) to manage prioritization, resourcing, controls, readiness, and go-to-market plans
• Partner with 3rd party vendors / alliances to enhance product offering
• Be awesome and have fun
• Bachelor's degree required; M.Sc. preferred
• At least 10 years in product development or platform transformation for digital channels & payments
• 5+ years' experience with modern technology stacks, including cloud, big data, microservices, API's, etc.
• Proven track record of managing new product launches / transformations of mission-critical payment platforms
• Proven track record of managing the end-to-end product development lifecycle (PDLC) for complex, large-scale initiatives
• Strong executive presence; comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
• Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written)
• Strong influencing and partnership / collaboration skills to drive cross-functional teams
• Ability to productively work in a matrix management organization
• Positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring leadership skills a must
• Travel requirement: approximately 25%JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans