Azure DevOps Architect
Any Bachelors degree in computer science (or equivalent) or Higher
Build & Release Automation:
- ' Provide solution to implement Continuous integration & continuous deployment solutions for large sized project.
- Manage large sized projects.
- Guide the team to solve build & deployment automation issues.
- Design/Implement release orchestration solutions for large sized projects.
- Perform pre assessments to help the customer to start on the DevOps journey.
- Help in application onboarding to the defined target operating model to achieve build & release automation.
- Participate/Lead E2E devops small customer assessment.
- Participate in large assessment for data assimilation.
- Participate/Lead DevOps transformation for a large sized customer.
- Provide solution for RFP's.
- ' Develop playbooks/cookbooks for configuration management for large sized projects.
- Install and optimizing tools on cloud infrastructure for large sized projects.
- Design/Implment solution f+P21or infrastructure automation over cloud infrastructure for large sized projects.
- Design/implement solution for data center infrastructure automation for large sized projects.
- Implement optimized complex networking configurations for large sized projects.
- Implement optimized complex storage setup for large sized projects.
- Help in application onboarding to the defined target operating model to achieve infrastructure automation.
Log Management Solutions:
- ' Design log management solution for large sized project.
- Define the reporting framework to enable metrics based reporting.
- Install and optimize log management tool.
- Expert in log management tool admintration.
- Develop custom scripts to enable log management.
- Design/implement log management solution for medium to large sized projects.
- Help in application onboarding to the defined target operating model to achieve effective log management.
Innovation and Thought Leadership:
- Participate in external forums (seminars paper presentation etc) to showcase Cognizant capabilities and insights under guidance of senior team members.
- Understand client's existing business and explore new avenues to save cost and bring process efficiency.
- Identify business opportunities to create reusable components/accelerators and reuse existing components and best practices.
- Support the patent filing process for the IP assets created (applicable to some CoEs).
- In collaboration with the Sr Architect analyze application/ technology landscape process tools and arrive at the solution options best fit for the client.
- Analyze Cost Vs Benefits of solution options.
- Support Sr Architect to create a technology/ architecture roadmap for the client.
- Identify alliance partners based on the understanding of service offerings and client requirements.
- In collaboration with Sr Architect create a compelling business case around the offerings.
- Conduct beta testing of the offerings.
Knowledge Management & Capability Development:
- Publish and Maintain a repository of solutions best practices and standards and other knowledge articles.
- Conduct and facilitate knowledge sharing and learning sessions across the team.
- Gain industry standard certifications on technology and architecture consulting.
- Support Technical skill building (including hiring and training) for the team based on inputs from project manager.
- Mentor new members in the team in technical areas.
- Gain and cultivate domain expertise to provide best and optimized solution to customer.
- Set goals & Manage performance of reporting team members.
- Provide career guidance to team members.
Asset Development and Governance:
- Understand the plan for asset development.
- Design assets as per plan (if required).
- Conduct pilot run/review to validate the assets as feasible.
- Track utilization of reusable assets / architecture components across the organization.
Sales Support and Project Estimation:
- Support for developing RFPs and collaterals for proposals from a technical solution/ estimation/ risks perspective.
- Conduct demo's and arrange for the demos based on client profiles if required.
- Anchor proposal development with cross linkages across multiple competency units to arrive at a coherent solution proposal with focus on presenting unique value propositions and clear differentiators.
Requirement gathering and Analysis:
- Work with customer and other teams to collect analyze and understand the requirements including NFRs.
- Analyze gaps/ trade offs based on current system context/ industry practices and clarify the requirements by working with the customer.
Solution Definition & Design:
- Develop / Enhance the solution architecture (Application / technical / Infrastructure as applicable) meeting functional / non functional requirements and aligned to industry best practices.
- Capacity sizing to meet the requirements & SLAs of target state and in transition as applicable.
- Identify Proof Of Concept testing (POC) needs and conduct POCs as applicable.
- Identify need for developing accelerators and Develop as applicable specific to the engagement.
- Identify key technical metrics to measure the SLA / requirements compliance.
- Define adopt and create required documentation on standards and guidelines.
- Monitor the concerns of internal stakeholders follow through on commitments and achieve timely resolution of issues.
- Conduct initiatives to meet client expectations.
- Work to expand professional network in the client organization.
Project Management Support:
- Assist the PM to identify technical risks and come up with mitigation strategies.
Business and Technical Research:
- Analyze market trends / client requirements/ secondary research.
- Identify new ideas and provide inputs to senior stakeholders for developing blueprint / PoC.
- Organize/ Participate in events like webinars boot camps seminar conference client conference to showcase the capability.
- Identify opportunities to cross solutionize across project(s) within or outside the BU.
Must Have Skills
- 7-10 years of Architect experience
4 -7 years of Solid experience as a DevOps engineer integrating tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory, Urban code deploy (or other deployment tools)
2-3 Years’ Experience – designing, creating CI/CD pipelines for various technologies using Azure Devops.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Integrating Azure Boards, Azure Repo, Azure Artifacts and Azure Test Plans into CI/CD built using Azure Pipelines
- 1-2 years’ experience with integrating tools e.g. Sonarqube for code quality, Rapid7/Twistlock for container scanning, into Azure DevOps pipeline
- 3+ Years’ Experience in Containerization platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes & AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service).
- Azure DevOps certification (AZ-400) – Big Plus
- Extensive knowledge of Git version control system
- Expert in different build tools like Maven, Gradle, MSBuild, etc. and integrating them into Azure DevOps using Azure Pipelines
- Solid understanding of source management, application lifecycle management, build management and package management tools such as Git, TFS, SVN, Azure
|Proficiency Level *
* Proficiency Legends
|The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
|The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
|The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
|The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.