Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Learning and Development and Knowledge Management (KM) professional also skilled in data analytics, evaluation strategy, and the use of learning and knowledge management systems. As part of project teams supporting critical initiatives across the organization, the Data Analyst will work with project managers, learning and development professionals, knowledge managers, and business partners to identify performance metrics to demonstrate impact, develop a plan to capture and analyze data, leveraging the capabilities of Cigna's learning management system (LMS) and digital library, and execute that plan, reporting results to project partners and address learning and KM needs as well as support the administrative elements associated with the Learning Management System (LMS) and Cigna's digital library. As well, in support of projects, the Data Analyst will support administration of LMS and digital library activities, partnering with the enterprise learning and knowledge management functions.
The Data Analyst will impact business results and organizational performance through development and execution of data analytics strategies and solutions.
They will also thrive by working in a fast-paced and team oriented environment where their communication and strategic thinking skills are highly valued.
• Mine data, conduct research and root cause analysis, size short and long-term impacts of solutions, and support the recommendation of learning and KM solutions to ensure project success
• Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and replicate the analysis if necessary
• Perform research and analysis of key drivers and changes of Learning Strategy & Solutions performance and communicate information to leadership
• Provide thought leadership on new data analysis techniques, technologies, and methods
• Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms, including the LMS, digital library, and evaluation tools
• Ensure quality/integrity of data by consistently comparing source data to target data
• Support back-end analysis of intake and capacity in order for Learning Strategy & Solutions leadership to make informed decisions
• Curate data and provide quarterly scorecard, preparing outputs for leadership that effectively communicates trends, patterns, and predictions
• Develop and manage business assessments, recommend learning and knowledge solutions, and support the implementation of solutions, including the use of tools such as the LMS, the digital library, SharePoint, etc.
• Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of learning and KM solutions, supporting the development of sustainable, repeatable, and quantifiable improvements
• In partnership with business leaders, stakeholders, project managers, change managers, learning professionals, and KM professionals, analyze performance data to recommend solutions that support business goals and creation of success metrics
• Provide consultative expertise on the development of learning and KM strategies and solutions based on data inputs received
• Collaborate with L&D team to provide expert consultation to business partners to design sustainable, effective LMS solutions
• Through the use of data analytics, identify and collaborate to implement process improvements across Learning Strategy & Solutions
• Use and champion the adoption of advanced LMS features (e.g. assignment profiles), programs, tasks, surveys, assessments, and LMS Catalogs
• Lead the response for learning and KM data requests (internal and external) related to Learning Strategy and Solutions deliverables
• Provide expert guidance and interpretation of LMS and digital library data to partners during audits and inspections
• Influence the future functionality of the LMS and other learning tools in support of the needs of the business (e.g., identify system gaps to inform future functionality), serving as the team's liaison with the enterprise learning function Level of Leadership
• Work in an agile environment with a wide range of business units, ensuring strong collaboration
• Communicate with and report results to senior leadership
• Manage ambiguity, embrace change and help others to stay focused on goals while adapting to change • Maintain a positive working relationship with peers and matrix partners.
• Maintain a growth mindset, working to improve your own skills, competencies, and areas of expertise by demonstrating initiative
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience using data informatics, dashboards, and reports
• Learning Management System Administration experience a plus
• Digital Library experience a plus Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation and data visualization skills
• Strong project management and people management skills; Knowledge of Six Sigma, RAPID/RACI, and Agile methodologies a plus
• Ability to analyze business requirements and develop value propositions using existing methodologies, tools and technology platforms
• Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills and problem solving
• Excellent presentation skills to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences, to articulate points clearly and concisely, and to negotiate effectively with diverse stakeholders
• Experience interpreting business requirements, recognizing impact on business processes, and making recommendations
• Experience liaising with business groups to drive consensus on approach to project activities
• Ability to manage and balance multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
•Detail oriented, with proven time management and organization skills (including the ability to engage in multiple tasks and meet deadlines/standards).
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, embracing change and helping others see it as an opportunity and able to stay focused on goals while adapting to change
• Knowledge of health care a plus
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time Software Skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Office Project, and Visio
• Advanced expertise in Excel and Tableau knowledge a plus
• Proficient in the organization and implementation of Microsoft
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.