Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
* Bachelor's degree;
* 3 years of experience in high level clerical/administrative support or related area.
* Minimum Education Qualification can be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess:
* Experience working in a complex office environment involving highly skilled office management work
* Experience working with sophisticated calendar and data management
* Experience managing incoming and outgoing phone calls, phone messages, emails and departmental mail
* Experience in managing multiple projects
* Effective interpersonal and office management skills, including ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and external constituents
* Experience working in a busy office with frequent interruptions
* Proficiency in word processing software such as Microsoft Word as well as basic knowledge of spreadsheet and database software, email systems and web-based applications
* Experience with budget tracking and management
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; however, may be required to work other shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule subject to change based upon department needs.
This is the fourth level in the Administrative Support series. Incumbents provide advanced and comprehensive administrative support for an assigned Executive Cabinet Member. This position provides highly responsible administrative support, with considerable latitude for independent judgment for the assigned Executive Cabinet member Major duties and responsibilities include: analyzing collecting, preparing, reconciling, reviewing, and maintaining comprehensive information, data, documents, and records; preparing budget requests; monitoring budgets while making recommendations regarding spending, accounts, or billings; preparing, editing, or proof reading correspondence, reports, or other documents; scheduling and coordinating appointments, set up conference calls and zoom meetings, reservations, meetings, workshops, trainings or other events/activities; providing technical support; providing program/department information, referral or other services to students and staff; maintaining department system or database and may perform quantitative data analysis; coordinating and collaborating with other departments/divisions on programs/projects when necessary.
Metropolitan Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, birth, ancestry, national origin, or disability. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled
* Organizes, plans, develops, coordinates and arranges special functions, programs and events on behalf of assigned Executive Cabinet member. May provide supervision or guidance to a variety of staff involved in projects and task as assigned. May supervise daily activities and college location functions in the absence of a location executive.
* Prepares and reviews budget requests while making recommendations; monitors budget spending, accounts, or bills; monitors fund availability; and provides status updates to affected Executive Cabinet member. Manage and implement special projects with direction from the Executive Cabinet member.
* Composes highly confidential and sensitive correspondence, memoranda and draft speech and written communication for an Executive Cabinet member. Prepares, edits, proofreads, reviews, prints, processes, maintains, and/or submits correspondence, reports, records, certificates, forms, letters, pay sheets, training schedules, contracts, payroll, and other general and financial documents; ensures information accuracy and compliance with applicable laws, standards, policies, and procedures; work may also include performing quantitative data analysis when necessary. Serves as ombudsperson for employees, students, vendors and the general public.
* Processes, monitors, reviews, and/or reconciles invoices, accounts, check requests, invoices, purchase orders, reimbursements, deposits, receipts, and IT or other tickets or requests; contacts personnel/departments/agencies via phone or email to collect payment dues, or facilitate assigned operations. Provide support to the Executive Cabinet member as he/she serves on national committees and boards.
* Prepares local, national and international itineraries. Books airfare, room, and transportation. Processes travel expense reports. Supports DCO of campus-makes travel arrangements, finding and securing flights, lodging; purchasing registration, completing travel authorization paperwork, and completing travel expense paperwork after travel is completed.
* Attends meetings with the Executive Cabinet member, takes minutes and distributes/uploads minutes to appropriate system.
* With a high degree of autonomy, plans and implements campus, district and/or state-wide events, to include preparing promotional and other materials; managing enrollment processes; coordinating with event participants, vendors, media, and other parties; and performing other operations related to planning and organizing events/orientations/programs.
* Volunteers for internal events.
* Manages the department's office supply inventory and equipment.
* Performs customer service duties to include providing program/department information, referrals, or other services to students, staff, and other visitors; greeting and directing visitors, students, or staff to appropriate personnel/departments; and answering telephones. Serve as liaison and coordinate work with other public/private organizations and attend meetings as assigned by the Executive Cabinet member.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
* Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and college laws, policies, standards, and regulations.
* Knowledge of filing and recordkeeping practices;
* Knowledge of computers and related software applications;
* Knowledge of event planning and organization principles;
* Knowledge of customer service principles;
* Knowledge of filing principles and practices;
* Knowledge of English language, grammar, and punctuation;
* Knowledge of budget principles;
* Skilled in using a computer and related software applications;
* Skilled in utilizing modern office equipment;
* Skilled in providing customer service;
* Skilled in proofreading and editing documents;
* Skilled in preparing reports and forms;
* Skilled in typing correspondence, memos, and/or other related information;
* Skilled in planning and organizing events;
* Skilled in maintaining confidentiality;
* Skilled in assembling and organizing data and information;
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
* Feeling - perceiving attributes of objects by touch with skin, fingertips.
* Grasping - applying pressure to object with fingers, palm.
* Hearing - perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, receive information.
* Fingering - picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
* Reaching - extending hands or arms in any direction.
* Repetitive Motion - substantial movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
* Standing - for sustained periods of time.
* Talking - expressing ideas by spoken word.
* Visual Acuity - prepare, analyze data, transcribing, computer terminal, extensive reading.
* Walking - on foot to accomplish tasks, long distances, or site to site.
MCC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, MCC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations in all aspects of employment, including the application process. To request an accommodation and/or a copy of the Americans with Disabilities Act applicant procedures, please contact the Office of Human Resource