Posted in Other 17 days ago.
Medical Technician/Technologist-Cytology department
Zoetis Reference Laboratories (ZRL) is currently seeking a full time Clinical Laboratory Cytology technician to prepare and distribute veterinary cytology specimens for analysis by veterinary clinical pathologists. Zoetis Reference lab is a new division of Zoetis Global Diagnostics and currently includes legacy Phoenix Labs, ZNLabs, and Ethos Diagnostic Science veterinary clinical laboratories. Responsibilities of this role will include organizing, processing and appropriately distributing fine needle aspirate and fluid samples to pathologists for a rapidly growing veterinary clinical laboratory. The candidate must have experience in general laboratory practices, especially in the field of cytology sample preparation and digital slide scanning technologies. The ideal applicant would be knowledgeable in the field of laboratory science, but also flexible and open to learning, technologically savvy and has leadership experience or potential. In this rapidly growing field, this position has great growth potential.
Responsibilities and Duties
(include, but not limited to)
• Day-to-day responsibilities including daily Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations associated with cytology preparation, case distribution, digital slide scanning technology equipment, facility, and materials. The candidate would be responsible for organizing, processing and appropriately distributing fine needle aspirate and fluid samples to pathologists. Commonly processed veterinary cytology samples include fine needle aspirate-biopsy from various organs and tissues, fluid analysis of cavitary effusions, CFS analysis, respiratory washes, joint fluid analysis and various other submissions.
• This candidate would be responsible for working directly with lab operations and clinical pathology leadership to create SOPs and provide input on new equipment including stainers, technology related to digital slide scanning and help create case distribution infrastructure.
• Ability to operate, troubleshoot and supervise the use of all clinical laboratory equipment, especially pertaining to cytology preparation equipment (slide stainer, cytocentrifuge, digital slide scanners, etc).
• Demonstrated ability to build, develop and work within a clinical laboratory team, including creative problem solving and flexibility to meet rapid growth.
• Strong IT and LIS (laboratory information systems) experience and general high comfort level with computer systems, technology, and equipment interfaces.
• Expertise in clinical laboratory operations with comprehensive knowledge of high throughput hematology, chemistry, immunoassay, urinalysis, O&P/fecal and related analyzers/diagnostics is also desired but not required.
• 2+ years of experience in laboratory operations including familiarity with daily supervisory roles.
• An MLT/MT degree or equivalent required.
• Team oriented, friendly and loves a challenge.
• A candidate with leadership experience or aspires to leadership is highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
• Robust organizational and time management skills.
• Experience in the veterinary field strongly preferred, but not required. Other experience considered as applicable.
• Competitive compensation package, including base wages and bonus.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.