Posted in Other 17 days ago.
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Responsible for the efficient operation of a retail store. Manages and leads store team to achieve established goals for sales, production, customer service, payroll, safety and expense control.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures excellent service and team relations. Engages with ambassaodors, customers and donors, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude.
2. Ensures all safety rules are followed and team exercises caution in work related activities.
3. Leads team to maintain a clean and safe environment by ensuring company safety standards, social distancing procedures and personal protective equipment policies are followed.
4. Achieves financial objectives by monitoring weekly budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; coaching ambassadors and initiating corrective actions.
5. Manages and ensures donated goods are received using the tablet, processed timely and meet company standards of quantity and quality goals.
6. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, scheduling and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, developing and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Follows up on all assigned projects.
7. Follows proper auditing procedures, customer relations, regulatory compliance and reporting.
8. Reviews merchandising needs on a daily basis; leads to team to achieve daily production goals to support daily sales goals and upcoming promotions.
9. Authorizes price markdowns when appropriate and promptly reacts to sell-through.
10. Writes, manages and submits schedules; and monitors, edits and authorizes timesheets per company policy.
11. Ensures store asset control and security policies and procedures are enforced.
12. Monitors and maintains sales floor, production area, structural, electrical, store equipment, landscaping, housekeeping, loss prevention and safety to company standards.
13. Attends meetings and training as required. If required to drive for a work event, you should have a valid CDL and required auto insurance.
14. Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
• This job supervises 9-35 team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• 3-5 Years of supervisory experience in a customer focused management role. Retail experience preferred.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, College degree helpful.
• Ability to multitask projects of varying scope and complexity with minimum supervision.
• Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
• Must be proficient in using personal computers and other technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, completing surveys using electronic platforms in order to complete daily tasks.
• Strong Communication, training, developing and people skills.
• Demonstrated success with process accountability and multi-tasking.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Punctual and dependable attendance.
• Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
• Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
• Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, & Excellence.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
Other details Job Family Retail Pay Type Hourly Apply Now