Posted in Other 15 days ago.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Nutrition & Biosciences family at IFF (formerly DuPont). We currently have an opening with our quality team located in Madison WI!
NATURE OF WORK
To monitor and support the Quality Management System at the Madison site and other Food Safe-ty and Quality Programs as needed to assure the compliance of products produced by or for DuPont with all internal, customer, and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ensure adherence to DuPont's Quality and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
* Comply with all company policies, including maintaining a drug free work place.
* Support an environment of continuous improvement within the assigned area and develop awareness for product and production quality.
* Interact at various levels with other departments and regulatory agencies.
* Lead the site's HACCP & Food Safety Team and manage the site's food safety management system, including implementation and verification of HACCP and PRPs.
* Daily verification of batch records, HACCP records, and label accountability in compliance with FSSC 22000 certification standards, Dietary Supplements GMP certification standards, and company guidelines.
* Ensure that environmental monitoring programs are maintained.
* Organize quality and food safety training, internal audits, quality meetings, etc.
* Coordinate documentation control and contribute to ensuring quality procedures are up-to-date, complete and properly followed, and coordinate any modifications in compliance with certification standards and company guidelines.
* Participate in customer audits by completing pre-audit questionnaires, presenting specific programs, contributing to and following up on corrective actions, as needed.
* Support the maintenance of management system programs such as deviations, corrective ac-tions and management of change.
* Communicate internally any information concerning GMPs, quality, and food safety.
* Maintain regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must have a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biology, Food Science, or related field, and/or a minimum of 3 years experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control, GMP's, Food Safety, and regulatory compliance within the food or dairy industry.
* Experience working hands-on in a food or similar manufacturing environment. Experience with environmental sampling preferred.
* Experience working in an ISO-certified and/or GFSI (SQF or FSSC 22000) -certified envi-ronment.
* HACCP certification and working knowledge of HACCP food safety programs. Plus, experi-ence with CCP validations, including metal detectors and X-ray machines, preferred. Experi-ence verifying and validating Pre-Requisite Programs, a plus.
* Experience with training presentations relevant to GMPs, Food Safety, HACCP, etc, pre-ferred.
* Must possess effective communication, interpersonal, team-building skills at various levels with other departments.
* Must possess strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to work in-dependently.
* Team-based problem-solving of manufacturing quality events, a plus.
* Familiarity with CAPA (Corrective & Preventative Actions), a plus.
This position operates in both the office and plant environments. A strong plant presence is a must.
Conditions include exposure to CRT.
Must adhere to plant GMP's and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate in ac-cordance with plant policy.
SCOPE OF POSITION
This position reports directly to the QA & Food Safety Manager for the Madison site and is di-rectly responsible for the maintenance and verification of Quality Management Systems at the Madison site.
Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
Nearest Major Market: Madison