Posted in Other 9 days ago.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for developing and building client accounts to increase sales within the company. The ideal candidate will service customers by responding to client needs, building relationships, quoting orders, tracking and following up on deliveries.
The pay range for this position is $15.40/hr - $23.10/hr depending on experience.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATION
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualification requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the Job. Other duties may be assigned. Performance Appraisal (PA) measurements are noted in brackets [___].
1. Provide counter service by taking telephone or in person orders and responding to Customer requests. Resolve Customer and merchandise problems. Support Outside Sales Representatives by supporting Customer needs. [PA: Customer Service provided consistent with Company standards.]
2. Service current customers by responding to customer needs for hardlines products and emphasize merchandise quality. Customer contact may be in person or over the telephone. [PA: Maintain positive relations with current customers and increase business with these accounts.]
3. Advise customers on various hardlines products. Displays or demonstrates product using samples or catalogs. Recommend new products for customer use. [PA: Increase amount of sales obtained.]
4. Visit job sites to solicit additional business and to ensure customer satisfaction on all sales orders. May perform material take-offs for Customers to estimate merchandise and material needs as required and according to Company directions. [PA: Orders accurate and quality customer service provided.]
5. Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained. Estimate delivery dates for Customer based on knowledge of Company's production and delivery schedules. [PA: Develop accurate quotes, credit terms, sales orders and delivery date estimations.]
6. Track delivery dates and follow up on delayed deliveries. [PA: Ensure timely delivery of orders.]
7. Obtain current information on Customer to complete "Fact Sheet" and monitor Customer's economic condition. Collect past due accounts payable up to 60 days out. [PA: Ensure Company receives payments due from Customers on a timely basis.]
8. Maintain a clean store environment including doors, floors, windows, ceilings, restrooms and work stations. Clean and dust products and displays and face the products. Ensure aisles and other areas are clear of obstacles to allow customers to shop easily and safely. [PA: Store appearance maintained in accordance with Company standards.]
9. Attend and participate in all Company sponsored training programs as required. [PA: Satisfactory participation, retention and application of training program subjects.]
10. Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned. [PA: Efficient completion of assigned duty, responsibility or task.]
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver's license of the appropriate type and class issued by the state of residence to operate a Company vehicle (if assigned; temporarily or permanently) is required. Furthermore, the driver's record must be acceptable to the Company's insurance carrier and must conform to all restrictions listed on the license in order to operate any Company vehicle.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITES
Excellent interpersonal, communication, sales and Customer Service skills are necessary. Prior knowledge of door and trim products is required. Knowledge of other building materials products is highly desirable or required as determined by General Manager or Sales Manager. Ability to operate computer equipment and applicable programs is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents and viewpoints in our workplace.