Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Do you have the drive to win?
Are you interested in a career in Sales?
Do you have a passion for helping local businesses grow through effective advertising?
Then this is the job for you! Cox Media Group Long Island is looking to add a Media Sales Associate to their team.
Media Sales Associates (MSAs) get to generate media revenues in their assigned market. Meeting or exceeding predetermined goals to be successful. This role is an entry-level contributor with the ability to grow and develop into our Media Consultant role and beyond.
MSAs create revenue by working collaboratively with Sales Managers and assigned Media Consultants (MCs). Together they are making sales presentations and selling directly to critical primary and secondary
accounts as assigned. MSAs develop mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies, or individuals who desire to reach their target audience through multiple advertising channels and services.
* Responsible for supporting, initiating, developing, and maintaining Media Sales for assigned/specified category or Market Sales Area.
* Serve as a direct support partner to assigned Media Consultants (MCs).
* Responsible for successful completion of a self-paced training program to learn, develop, and maintain a working knowledge of the media industry and sales profession.
* Responsible for cold calling/prospecting for clients via phone, email, onsite visits, and other applicable methods in support of MCs and MSA joint and individual portfolios. As the role evolves, MSA initiates proactive cold calling on their own.
* Responsible for proposal creation and presenting to Sales leaders, existing and potential clients.
* Responsible for learning how to sell digital content to clients as integrated and complementary
offerings to traditional media. Work with assigned digital partners/teams to understand trends and capabilities.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Sales experience preferred but not required.
* Minimum (1) year combined work experiences such as college internships, jobs, or extracurricular activities required.
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills required.
* Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
* Excellent attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize assignments needed.
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly required.
* Knowledge of and ability to prospect clients preferred.
This position comes with Health, Vision and Dental benefits on day 1, 401k after 90 days, flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays and a collaborative team environment that is unmatched!