Posted in Other 18 days ago.
Deliver merchandise to Customer site and provide Customer Service as needed. Provide customers with a shopping atmosphere that is well maintained, clean, organized and safe.
The pay range for this position is $14.00/hr - $21.00/hr depending on experience.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATION
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualification requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the Job. Other duties may be assigned. Performance Appraisal (PA) measurements are noted in brackets [___].
1. Load and deliver merchandise to Customer site as required. Ensure load is properly secured and truck balanced for safe transport of merchandise. Unload in proper location according to Customer directions and Company policy. Safely operate truck according to Company driving standards. Maintain delivery schedule. [PA: Merchandise delivered safely in a timely manner.]
2. Obtain and complete all paperwork necessary for delivery or pickup of merchandise from Customer site. Provide Customer Service at site and collect "Cash On Delivery" if required. [PA: All required paperwork filled out to support merchandise delivery or receipt.]
3. Report damage to equipment, merchandise or personal property immediately. [PA: Minimize impact of damaged property and merchandise by prompt reporting and handling of incident.]
4. Adhere to Company truck maintenance standards and advise management of mechanical and maintenance problems with truck to ensure that repairs and preventative maintenance are performed.
5. Track vehicle mileage when involved in interstate transfer of merchandise. [PA: Truck properly maintained to decrease downtime.]
6. Provide Customer Service by assisting with Customer needs and questions as work schedule allows.
7. [PA: Customer Service provided consistent with Company standards.]
8. Maintain a clean yard environment including warehouses, fences and open areas. Restock unsold products. Ensure work areas and customer areas are clear of trash, weeds and other obstacles to allow the customer to shop easily and safely and to provide a safe work environment. [PA: Yard facilities maintained in accordance with Company standards.]
9. Fill the duties and responsibilities of Forklift Operator, as required. [PA: Efficient operation of the forklift.]
10. May participate in the execution of scheduled cycle counts as required. [PA: Accurate inventory counts.]
11. Attend and participate in all Company-sponsored training programs as required. [PA: Satisfactory participation, retention, and application of training program subjects.]
12. Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned. [PA: Efficient completion of assigned duty, responsibility or task.]
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. NOTE: Three to four years of related experience and/or training is desired for Truck Drivers to operate Company trucks subject to the Federal Department of Labor regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver's license of the appropriate type and class issued by the state of residence to operate the size and type of Company truck assigned is required. If the Company truck assigned is subject to the Federal Department of Labor regulations, a valid Commercial Driver's License is required. Furthermore, the driver's record must be acceptable to the Company's insurance carrier and must conform to all restrictions listed on the license in order to operate any Company truck or vehicle.
Good Customer Service skills are necessary. Ability to operate a forklift is highly desirable. Knowledge of building materials products and lumber (especially how to load and deliver) is highly desirable. Geographic knowledge of the delivery area(s) is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Associate must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The Associate frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents, and viewpoints in our workplace.