Posted in Other 18 days ago.
1. Performs CT scans of head, chest, abdomen, extremities, or any CT scan procedure ordered by the radiologist. a. Competent in the use of CT scan computers, consoles, laser cameras, Medrad Injector, and Dinamap blood pressure monitor. b. Follows department protocols when performing CT scans or duties related to CT scanning. c. Accurately follows directives given by the supervising radiologist. d. Administers oral and intravenous contrast material. e. Starts and monitors intravenous lines. f. Logs reactions to contrast in EPIC and computer. g. Follows procedures for equipment start up, calibration, and shutdown.
2. Takes call according to schedules and respond in a timely manner to a request to scan. a. CT scan technologists are expected to be at hospital within 45 minutes of notification of an emergency request.
3. Interacts professionally and courteously with patients, co-workers, and medical staff. Assists in training of student radiographers.
4. Utilizes time productively and appropriately with respect to patient flow, room use, stocking of supplies, and clerical duties to increase department efficiency. a. Patient wait time is kept to a minimum. b. More than 90% of time worked is spent on productive tasks without supervisory prompting.
5. Actively follows Universal Precaution guidelines with each patient. a. Attends yearly "Blood-borne pathogens/OSHA" in service. b. Practices aseptic technique when necessary.
6. Produces an accurate EPIC record of each exam. a. Completes EPIC entries 98% of the time.
7. Pursues continuing education by attending department and hospital-wide programs, regional seminars, and/or college courses. a. Meets ARRT standards. b. Meets MA State licensing standards.
8. Performs various other similar or related duties as required and/or directed by supervisors. a. Willingly performs any task for which the employee is competent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Two years of formal radiologic technology training.
2. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
3. License in Radiography by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
4. Good interpersonal skills.
5. Able to work 11 pm to 7 am Sunday-Thursday