Posted in Other 12 days ago.
The Service Attendant maintains, prepares and inventories heavy rents, sales, and used equipment in the yard. This role requires a valid driver's license with ability to obtain a CDL, proven customer service skills, and operation knowledge of light construction equipment.
* Instructs customer on proper use and safety procedures. Loads and unloads machines on customer transportation.
* Maintains organization and appearance of the yard.
* Completes documents for shipping and receiving equipment.
* Inspects machines upon customer return for damage, abuse, fuel levels and all attachments.
* May assist other technicians with minor repairs or maintenance on returned machines.
* Washes, details, and touches up machines upon return as needed to maintain proper appearance.
* Completes final check of customer equipment before it leaves the yard.
* Steam cleans equipment and components on request; keeps steam-cleaning area clean and free of all debris.
* Maintains neat and organized attachment inventory.
* Delivers and picks equipment as needed.
* Maintains the tool room. Loans equipment to technicians. Inventories tools. Schedules repairs for tools with outside vendors.
* Assists with shop cleanup.
* Handles all public and internal inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of Western State's Six Sigma program.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Proven customer service skills.
* Knowledge and use of usage and operation of light construction equipment.
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
* Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
* Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school preferred.
* Previous industry experience preferred.
* Excellent driving record and valid driver's license required with the ability to pass CDL requirements.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
* Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time along with sitting, repetitive stair climbing, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, twisting, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States' Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Exposure to high noise level.
* Exposure to fumes.