Posted in Management 18 days ago.
Store Operations Manager
Alltown Fresh is a newly launched brand expected to disrupt and forever change the traditional convenience store market. In addition to fuel for their vehicles, Alltown Fresh offers local communities healthy, fresh food choices and made-to-order meals - including organic, natural, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and locally-sourced alternatives - all in a rush-free environment where neighbors can hang out with one another. We believe people shouldn't need to sacrifice healthy and fresh food choices for convenience. Alltown Fresh is the first convenience market in America to offer fresh food choices, as well as gas/diesel, a cafe, coffee, outdoor seating, groceries, craft beer (when permitted), wifi, pet relief areas, traditional snack options, phone and electric car charging stations.
Essential Job Function:
The Store Operations Manager (SOM) is responsible for leading the day-to-day
operations of the store in the absence of the General Manager and to otherwise support the General
Manager in all facets of running the store. The SOM will review business results, including profitability,
and plan for continued improvement. The SOM supports the selection and development of all Customer
Service Associates and in conjunction with the FSM/FSS is responsible for the training of all Customer
Service Associates in the store. The SOM is responsible for ordering goods and scheduling labor. The
SOM is responsible for managing and overseeing all safety processes within the store. The SOM
ensures an exceptional customer experience. Where applicable, this position will assist the GM with
managing the fuel offer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Respond to and resolve customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication vehicles. React to information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.
* Execute the corporate training plan for all CSAs and effectively conduct hands-on training to ensure associate proficiency. Ensure the planning and execution of established safety, security, quality, andstore operations policies, procedures and practices.
* Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all associates. Assist with all matters relating to Customer Service Associates and the store team - recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, associate engagement and performance management. Recognize and reward associates.
* Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments and activities of associates to meet the needs of the business. Delegate tasks and follow-up as necessary. In full-serve fuel stores, responsibilities include supporting the GM with all areas of fuel labor, including preparation of the schedule.
* Monitor and analyze business processes and results to profitably achieve store goals. Examples include: reviewing and analyzing reports, completing the store performance tracking board, and managing shrink and spoilage.
* Manage cash and lottery processes.
* Analyze results and trends and prepare action plans to leverage the store's strengths and address areas of opportunity. Ensure the execution of all action plans.
* Build relationships with community partners to connect the store
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to work with little or no supervision
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
* Ability to apply critical thinking skills in all situations
* Ability to apply root cause techniques in order to solve problems
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
* Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
* Understanding of store finances and awareness of impact to business
* Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing,
* walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
* Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching
* above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting,
* crouching, kneeling and pushing
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
* Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to learn and utilize the store's technology
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Leadership experience in a food service environment preferred
* Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
* Experience selecting, training, performance management of staff, sales building, labor allocation &
* scheduling, managing expenses
* Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
* Exceptional Customer Service
* Relationship Building
* Effective Communication
Exempt level - 45 hours per week
We are an equal opportunity employer.We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.