The Civil Engineer - Structural will provide 'on-site' technical and administrative services, providing technical engineering design and construction management services in support of Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (SRM) projects and will manage already awarded construction and design projects, as well as support the development of new construction and design projects.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
- Inspect/survey facilities to identify deficiencies for incorporation into Asset Management Plans.
- Ensure planned and prioritized requirements comply with published business rules and are documented to effectively advocate for resources.
- Incorporate assessment results into applicable databases and Sustainment Management Systems (SMS) on a regular basis.
- Plan, organize, and lead others in studies, designs, and construction projects, record and manage the processes and documentation, and to negotiate effectively to accept and implement recommendations.
- Communicate fluently in English both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relationships.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle, navigating remote areas on both paved and gravel roads.
- Support internal operations to ensure quality assurance of its products and services.
- Support mission objectives by providing specialized expertise and recommendations in specific subject areas.
- Assist with schedule support, project level meeting attendance, database support, and budget submittals.
- Assist with cost/schedules/status report reviews, scientific and technical research/document reviews/recommendations, and analysis of program and project data gaps.
- Provide logistical and organizational support.
- Utilize Administrative Data Processing (ADP) systems in support of the requirements of the workload. Specific capabilities must include word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics and the ability to develop, maintain, and utilize databases as decision-making tools and in concert with geographical interface systems (GIS) as appropriate.
- Support the design and production of plans and specifications and assist with the preparation of formal briefings, program management documents, and Bullet Background Papers (BBPs) related to the status of specific projects or programs.
- Assist in defining requirements, developing and integrating execution strategies, Statement of Objectives, Statements of Works (SOW), PWS, programming documents, DD Form 1391s (for Military Construction Project Data), cost estimates, and other components of acquisition packages. Capturing and documenting processes and records as needed to support the design, development, construction and close-out of requirements as described herein.
- Support planning, programming, and execution forums and technical interchange meetings providing background information and guidance for development of technical inputs in support of planning decisions and program development and implementation, and transition.
- Provide technical liaison support between individuals or groups involved in the planning, programming, and/or execution of initiatives. This includes but is not limited to, USACE, MAJCOM, and other sub-organizations.
- Coordinate and review submitted data deliverables for functional and technical accuracy/completeness, and for compliance with applicable regulations; assess whether technical deliverables satisfy specifications and schedules.
- Use the necessary tools to provide a complete technical review, making written recommendations regarding acceptance or rejection of documents submitted.
- Maintain USAF databases for specific project tracking, collecting data and compile into project notebooks and files compatible with standards.
- Assist in documenting program files and processes, organizing files/records and providing administrative support, such as regulatory and partnering sessions. Examples include, but are not limited to, development of peer review documents, project proposal documents, third party technical review of proposals, technology evaluation reports, test plans, and planning for construction programs utilizing appropriate software, documentation, or methodologies.
- Provide conference support assistance such as facilitating meetings, graphic support, study materials, locating available conference rooms, invitations, stakeholder involvement, community relations, risk communication, etc., as approved by the Government.
- Assist in the application of regulatory requirements that pertain to projects and maintain currency with changing Air Force, Federal, and State statutes and regulations.
- Review, analyze, and integrate federal, state, and local government comments on programs and related data and studies as required.
- Develop options for responses and prepare reports to communicate Air Force priorities to regulatory agencies as required.
- Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience utilizing civil/structural engineering techniques in the operations, maintenance, repair, and construction of infrastructure and facilities, including buildings, pavements and/or utility systems.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and/or local regulations and statutes, Air Force and DoD regulations and other documentation.
- Bachelor's degree (civil engineering) from a school of engineering accredited by ABET (accreditation board for engineering and technology) with a program that included differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics:
- statics, dynamics;
- strength of materials (stress-strain relationships);
- fluid mechanics, hydraulics;
- electrical fields and circuits;
- nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties);
- any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Due to the sensitive nature of the data and information being worked with on a daily basis, completion of an NDA will be required by on-site Contractor personnel to ensure information that is considered sensitive or proprietary is not compromised.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to assist with interactions with other federal agencies, state agencies, the public, other interested parties and during any administrative or judicial proceedings.
- Minimum of National Agency Check plus Written Inquiries (NACI).
- Secret security clearance preferred.
US Citizenship: This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
|Here at Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., an ISO 9001-14001 certified and CMMI-SVC v1.3 Level 3 appraised corporate headquarters, we have built a nationwide and global footprint by providing innovative, cross-disciplined professional services, engineering, and cyber solutions to Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Agencies, and commercial customers. Operating successfully since 2001, we are a Woman Owned/Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (WOSB/SDVOSB). Our mission is to provide employees with the best experience in a people focused, continuous process improvement environment. We are extremely proud of the culture we have created and encourage all prospective applicants to take a look at what other applicants and employees are saying about us:
Sawdey Indeed Reviews
Sawdey Glassdoor Reviews
What We Offer:
Whether you are a transitioning service member or are an experienced government contracting professional, Sawdey Solution Services, Inc. offers a strong benefits package that extends beyond compensation. In addition to our healthcare plans, we also have benefits that encourage work/life balance, support your retirement goals, and aid in achieving not only your career goals, but your educational and training goals as well.
Don't just take our word (and others' words) for it* We invite you to come experience the Sawdey difference for yourself!