Posted in Other 14 days ago.
For over 100 years, Hollander Sleep Products has been the largest pillow manufacturer in North American developing high-quality bedding products under names like Ralph Lauren, Nautica, Pacific Coast Feather, Live Comfortably and many more.
Hollander associates enjoy a wide range of affordable benefits, varied shift options, overtime, training, advancement opportunities, paid time off, and so much more!
Filling Closer Associate
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.Fill product shell with materials according to customer, company, and quality specification.Sew pillows and cushions closed once filling is complete.
Summary of essential job functions:
*Fill cushions and pillow with proper fill according to specification standards
*Reject product not meeting quality standards
* Makes certain proper filling product is being used
* Accurately maintains specified weight
* Being observant of foreign matter in filling material and reporting same to supervisor
* Responsible for safety and good housekeeping practices around work area, cleanliness of machine, filling material
* Sews pillows and cushions closed after filling with accuracy
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to increase speed to reach production standards.
* Will be required at times, with proper notice, to work a flexible schedule or mandatory overtime
* Accurate reporting to include time and production
* Must be able to use digital scale
* Must have basic math and reading skills
* Knowledge of sewing techniques and sewing machine components
* Team Player
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to: Adequate mobility to continually sit, walk and stand; reach with hands and arms, use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls. Using hands and arms in handling, positioning, and moving materials.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.