Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Education and Experience:
English Language Qualifications:
Completed formal study of the English Language and achieved the score indicated on any of the below:
1) At least ILR level 2 as measured by DoD test.
2) A score of 553 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) PBT, or TOEFL iBT score as follows: 83 minimum overall and at least 20 each in Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
3) A score of no less than 85 on the English Comprehension Level (ECL) test.
4) At least a proficiency level 2 or Advanced-Low (ACTFL) on an OPI.
Target Language Qualifications:
Language Instructor shall possess general professional proficiency (a language rating of ILR level 2+ or ACTFL Advanced-High) or higher in the specified foreign language.
Proficiency shall be demonstrated by one of the following:
1) Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) or 2-skill OPI from the DLIFLC.
2) An interview certified by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
3) Defense Language Proficiency Test.
Security Clearance requirements will be established at the individual task order level. Currently Secret Clearances are required only at 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) (SFG(A)) and 7th SFG(A).
SOFTS Instructor Specific Requirement:
Assistant instructors providing instruction via the SOFTS platform must have completed a minimum of 80 hours documented training in online language teaching.