Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Senior Data Scientist, Payments and Fraud - WW Digital Experience
Marketing | San Francisco, California
If position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more - agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what's right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you'll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicates the value of DocuSign's Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
You will be a Sr. Data Scientist leading reporting, analytics and data science for DocuSign's payments and fraud pillar across our Digital Experience and Engagement Team. You will measure, benchmark, and play a key part in continuously optimizing our payments and fraud KPIs, including but not limited to: Payment Authorization Rate, Retry Success Rate, Fraud Reject Rate, Chargeback Ratio, and Decline Reasons. You will partner closely with analytics managers, product managers, and finance stakeholders to understand the end-to-end customer journey related to the payments and fraud space. You will then use this knowledge to analyze performance and identify and size opportunities for growth and improved business outcomes across channels and experiences.
You will excel as a trusted advisor, creative thinker, and exceptional problem-solver with a demonstrated ability to structure and navigate complex problems and processes. You can simultaneously think strategically and take a hands-on approach to deep dive into our data to deliver high level or detailed well-structured models and analysis depending on the business need. You will succeed by combining analytical insight, technical proficiency, business acumen, and the ability to collaborate and influence your key partners and cross-functional teams.
This position is an individual contributor position and reports to the Senior Director, Analytics, Experimentation, & Business Operations.
* Be the subject matter expert on payments/risk data and partner with payments and fraud product managers, finance partners, and other stakeholders to translate data insights into decisions and action that will drive maximum business impact
* Build self-service data tools and dashboards that enable monitoring the health and performance of our payments and risk platform
* Source and use internal/external data to establish and monitor KPI benchmarks and thresholds using statistical and data analysis methodologies
* Utilize data mining techniques to identify opportunities to improve KPI and customer experience results
* Own experimentation roadmap for payments and fraud pillars: identify and prioritize opportunities, write test charters, communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders
* Conduct in-depth analysis of cohort performance and incrementality tied to payments and fraud experiments and updates
* Design, build, and maintain automated dashboards that connect data from internal and external data sources, with visualizations and tools to spot trends, quickly understand performance, and ensure no adverse impact after releases
* Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data pipelines
* Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field (Statistics, Math, CS, Economics, Finance, or related) or equivalent work experience
* 6+ years of experience in data science or machine learning with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web-scale data
* Deep proficiency in SQL and Python
* Deep knowledge of statistics and rigorous analytical technique
* Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
* Hands-on experience with all the following:
* Pulling data from external sources using APIs
* Joining data from disparate data systems
* Distilling large data sets into actionable insights that drive business value
* Proficiency building end-user dashboards in Tableau, Qlik, or equivalent
* Demonstrated communication, collaboration, and proactive consultation skills
* Proven ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams
* 2+ years' experience in a payments-related data, analytics, or data science role at a global scale; experience with subscription and recurring payments
* Understanding of payment ecosystem including gateway, acquirers, Card Brand
* Proficiency with Statistics concepts and analysis, e.g. hypothesis testing, regression, experimental design, etc.
* Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical testing such as A/B, multivariate, and Bayesian testing
* Proficiency with Machine Learning techniques, e.g. classification, clustering, regularization, optimization, dimension reduction, etc.
* Knack for communicating data and technical work to non-technical stakeholders
* Highly motivated, organized, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that's a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.