Posted in Other 19 days ago.
US-CA-Los Angeles East
Los Angeles East, CA
Have you dreamed of an opportunity to really make a difference by influencing and shaping the growth of an emerging company's sales organization? Are you inspired by and passionate about genuinely changing lives and helping patients and their loved ones?
We need results-oriented sales professionals who:
* Thrive in an environment driven by ownership and accountability with high ethical standards.
* Seek to understand and successfully navigate complex and challenging accounts in highly varied sites of care.
* Understand how to support and to provide pull-through with customers through diverse specialty fulfillment and payer requirements.
* Challenge the status quo with intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit.
* Derive great job satisfaction through purposeful and passionate work.
This position represents a unique opportunity for a sales professional (NeuroPsych Account Specialist-NAS) to play a key role in the development of the Neurocrine commercial organization and the growth of a new product and market where there is an unmet medical need. Reporting to the Regional Specialty Manager, the NAS will be responsible for a specific geographic territory and the successful promotion and growth of a first-in-class oral treatment for tardive dyskinesia. The NAS will manage and develop long-term relationships with physicians and other customers for targeted accounts in their assigned territory and represent Neurocrine brand(s) and their approved indications. This role also plays an important part in educating external customers such as physicians, nurses, medical assistants, case managers, etc. and helping them learn about the benefits of our product(s) for adults with Tardive Dyskinesia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
* Responsible for creating product acceptance and managing sales and product growth through education and business development opportunities in targeted accounts;
* Execute sales force strategies and marketing plans effectively to meet or exceed sales objectives;
* Create and implement successful strategies to further penetrate and segment the psychiatric and movement disorder marketplace, consisting mainly of Psychiatrists, Neurologists and Community Mental Health Clinics;
* Effective use promotional resources and budget;
* Establish and maintain excellent communication and sound working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional partners, including managed care, Medical Science Liaisons, and medical communications;
* Demonstrate honesty and integrity while modeling behaviors consistent with company standards, values and corporate compliance policies;
* Identify territory specific opportunities and barriers to ensure product and company success;
* Develop local Opinion Leader relationships to achieve aligned objectives; and
* Perform all responsibilities following the highest ethical standards, including FDA guidelines and best practices for the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
* Proven successful launch experience in highly complex and competitive environments
* Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales objectives and goals
* Psychiatry, neurology or antipsychotic experience strongly preferred.
* Account based experience strongly preferred: Community Mental Health Clinic (CMHC), Long Term Care (LTC), Hospital and/or Specialty Pharmacy
* Specialty pharmacy and distribution experience is strongly preferred
* Entrepreneurial attitude and/or experience in a start-up environment
* Experience with business systems, salesforce automation platforms, and other business intelligence tools (e.g., Salesforce.com, Oracle database, SAP, Business Objects, COGNOS, QlikView, Veeva, etc.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) required
* Requires a minimum of 3 years' commercial pharma/biotech or related experience. A minimum of 3 years of specialty pharmaceutical sales experience highly desired
* Must have a strong sales and account management disposition, solid business acumen and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven sales performance as evidenced by % to quota, ranking reports, and recognition awards in specialty pharmaceutical or biotech markets
* Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments
* Should reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory
* Ability to thrive in a collaborative culture that is performance based, fast-paced and results oriented
* Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
* High ethical standards
* Valid driver's license and good driving record