Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
The Python Engineer, QA is a team member for development of Pythontests for a specific product component. Works with Team Lead and Managers for direction and task assignments.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Self-organized and self-motivated shows excellent ownership and responsibility
* Tests software products using systematic procedures to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
* Develops, modifies and executes software tests in Python.
* Maintains the test infrastucuture, which is based on Python framework.
* Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
* Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
* Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
* Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
* Isolates, reproduces and tracks bugs and verifies fixes.
* Authors and executes test plans for manual and/or automated tests.
* Assists in the assessment and planning of test efforts required for new functions/features under development.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Strong Python coding experience (5+ years of hands-on experience)
* Strong experience with Web Service test automation (REST or SOAP) (mandatory)
* Good Analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
* Drives improvements on functionality, usability, performance stability of the product and QA frameworks.
* Strong competence with engineering tools, methods and processes such as Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, CI/CD process, Jira, GIT, Jenkins, etc.
* Solid English language skills
* Experience with agile software development methodologies.
* Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
* Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
* Performs and guides complex code, design analysis, testing or experimentation on segments of projects.
* Ability to independently provide solutions to problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
* Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
* Team lead on small to moderate projects.
* Works independently or as team member on projects and problems of varying complexity.
* 6-8 years of experience.
* Four-year degree in technical or engineering field (B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related discipline strongly preferred). Minimum B.E. or MCA for Bangalore, India.
* Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
* Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time.
TO APPLY and for immediate consideration you may send your resume to Alexis.Recana@Aspect.com. In the subject line include: your name, Python QA, India.
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.