Posted in Other 18 days ago.
IFF (formerly DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences) in Memphis, TN is seeking a Maintenance Coordinator to join our team! We are looking for an effective, results-driven, self-directed and motivated team player who communicates in an open, honest manner. Our site is one of Memphis premier employers and is recognized as a leading area manufacturer. We have a unique culture with a work hard, play hard philosophy.
The Maintenance Coordinator owns the Asset Care Scheduling process. The role leverages knowledge of the production schedule and the windows for maintenance to ensure timely completion of work. This position utilizes knowledge of the production organization job steps (decommissioning, lockout, and recommissioning) plus the maintenance and capital work execution steps to ensure integration to minimize cost and production downtime. This role will coordinate/negotiate with all stakeholders to attain the best Business solution as appropriate.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Understand the Production strategy (goals), how it pertains to operating the production process, and how equipment effectiveness and availability impacts the Production strategy.
* Lead integration of the Work Management Process (WMP) into the production, maintenance, and engineering cultures.
* Support the integration of the Reliability Management Process (RMP) into the production culture.
* Production representative in the MRO Inventory managing process(es) that is led by the MRO Planner.
* Ensure the appropriate involvement of non-maintenance resources, the appropriate prioritization that aligns with all organizations' needs, and that there is proper information in notifications and work orders to provide reliability data (example: notifications written to equipment piece)
* Align on scope of work with Maintenance Supervisor and Planner
* Collects options, facilitates comprised solution discussion, and authorizes reactive Maintenance Repair & Operating (MRO) solutions such as material expediting or rescheduling maintenance activities.
* With the help of the Assistance to Operations (ATO) and/or the Maintenance Coordinator can determine validity of Notifications and convert to Work Order.
* Collects options, facilitates compromise solution discussion, and authorizes reactive MRO solutions such as material expediting or rescheduling maintenance
* Communicate maintenance activities to production organization to ensure proper preparedness (rate reduction, decontamination, lockout, etc.)
* Support equipment readiness before deployment of maintenance resources on day of scheduled work execution
* Validate acceptable completion of maintenance/engineering activities.
* Review work order and ensure authorization of additional costs as needed to TECO work order
The following are required:
* High School Diploma/GED
* 8-yrs minimum of manufacturing experience in an operations and/or maintenance role OR 3-yrs of manufacturing experience in an operations and/or maintenance role (with an applicable engineering degree)
* Knowledge of safe work practices, site safety and environmental requirements and policies, plant work requirements and procedures, plant equipment and repair procedures, DPS principles and how they apply to the workplace, and production strategies/goals and equipment requirements to meet yield, uptime, cost of manufacture, and working capital
* Knowledge of production process, how the equipment connects, and how equipment performance impacts the production process
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, effective in both a one on one and team environment
* Effective organizational skills
* Previous computer experience, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Experience with preventative/predictive maintenance
* Driving change and proven influence skills. Deals effectively with new and different situations
* Strong presentation skills
The following are preferred:
* Lead or supervisory experience
* Maintenance planning or scheduling experience
* Project and/or systems management experience
* Experience with SAP
Nearest Major Market: Memphis