Posted in Other 16 days ago.
At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you'd fit in great with us!
We are looking for a 3rd shift
Warehouse Lead who will grow at our Livermore, CA Distribution Center. The Warehouse Lead is responsible for monitoring the safe and efficient processes to get pulled product from warehouse for delivery to local customers. This will include training and mentoring of warehouse.
Starting pay will be a minimum of $27.55/hr with shift differential.
In this role you will:
• Investigate discrepancies reported to Sales Team by customers
• Arrange shipment on replacement items if discrepancies confirmed
• Generate monthly discrepancy report and post
• Generate and populate weekly warehouse reports, distribute to proper personnel
• Conduct daily inventory request from Annex facility
• Plan orders accordingly based on customer service requests/customer needs
• Verify picked orders for accuracy
• Build pallets with orders and position them on loading dock
• Keep crew on task and working effectively and monitor safe practices in the warehouse
• Assure employees have correct tools and supplies available to them
• Monitor to ensure the most efficient route deliveries
• Assign training to new employees and cross training for smooth operations
• Assure all equipment maintained and serviced when needed
• Always look for ways to be more efficient and save money for the company
• Actively participate in safety meetings
• Extensive experience operating warehouse equipment (forklift, order picker, pallet riders, etc.)
• Extensive Experience with product pulling/tracking computer programs
• Courteous and professional demeanor
• Able to operate with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
The perfect person will have
• High School Diploma
• 2 Years Warehouse experience
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
• DOT Physical Card required for truck operation
• Forklift Certification
• Organization, planning and problem solving skills
• Ability to operate efficiently in a fast paced environment.
• Good time management skills
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Attention to detail
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it's like to work at Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC Talent Network
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop, Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.