Posted in Other 8 days ago.
General Summary/Overview Statement
According to established policies and procedures operates the computerized building automation and alarm system operations center and interprets and responds to information provided by the system. Takes corrective action as needed and responds to emergency situations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Operates computerized Building Operations Center, which includes the Honeywell Siemens Controls and ENE Building Systems computers, Translogic system and Thyssen Elevator computer system.
2. Interprets and responds to information provided by the system(s) determining normal and corrective action.
3. Receives phone calls from all areas of the hospital and takes appropriate action.
4. Assigns other Engineering Department personnel as required for corrective actions. Maintains and issues computerized corrective work orders.
5. Maintains handwritten and computerized log(s) of all transmissions, assignments and/or communications.
6. Performs equipment inspections on the M-1 level.
7. Communicates with other employees and management on necessary information regarding building systems operation.
8. Must maintain a cooperative relationship with utility suppliers and outside vendors to the hospital (i.e. MASCO, MATEP, Boston Edison, Boston Fire Department, Honeywell, American Service, Thyssen Elevator, etc.) in order to respond
9. Responds to emergency situations as appropriate.
10. Responsibilities may involve participation in planning activity at departmental level or assistance in the development of solutions to specific problems requiring analysis and decision making. Also performs duties of a maintenance mechanic on a periodic basis to maintain a familiarity with changing systems and building layouts.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
12. May be required to work weekends or rotating shifts.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
1. Must be able to read, write and perform arithmetic calculations at a level generally acquired through a high school education or equivalent.
2. Work requires extensive technical training in mechanical and electrical equipment repair normally obtained 3-5 years of related experience.
3. Knowledge of basic HVAC design.
Skills and Abilities Required
1. Experience in the operation of PC level computer systems required.
2. Must be able to interpret standard mechanical diagrams, charts and blueprints.
3. Requires analytical ability in order to respond quickly and to accurately assess equipment malfunctions and take appropriate corrective action.
1. May occasionally be exposed to dirty or hazardous conditions.
2. May be required to wear a respirator.
May delegate maintenance and repair responsibilities to mechanics.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.