Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Forensic Scientist- Lenexa, Kansas - Tuesday to Saturday; 9:00 pm - 5:30 am
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
The Forensic Scientist I works within the Forensic Toxicology Laboratory and cooperates with and responds to direction from the Supervisor and/ or Group Lead on achievingwork objectives. This position reports to and is managed and evaluated bythe Department Supervisor. This position is responsible for all aspectsof testing of donor specimens including specimen preparation and instrumentoperation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain chain of custody of forensicspecimens and follow approved sample handling procedures.
2. Maintain competency in the followingareas: follow all written procedures in departmental SOP, prepare and verifyperformance of all new reagents, ensure that all required calibrators andquality control samples are included in each batch, demonstrate good analyticaltechnique with minimal failed loads, capable of performing routine maintenance
of equipment utilized in area of responsibility, capable of programmingsequence table for sample analysis, capable of basic data review.
3. Maintain legible and completedocuments.
4. Maintain clean and organized work area.
5. Perform and document checks oftemperature dependent equipment.
6. Participate in completion of methodand/or instrument validation studies to quality standards.
7. Participate in validation of newcalibrators, controls and new or modified analytical procedures.
8. Maintain acceptable productivity &quality levels, and notify Supervisor and/or Group Lead of equipment orproduction problems.
9. Complete assigned continuing educationactivities and competency verification checks.
10. Follow the direction of the Supervisorand/or Group Lead and adhere to all company and department policies.
11. Complete all required quality control andquality assurance documentation related to job function.
12. Follow work schedule as defined by theSupervisor.
13. Maintain professional work environment.
14. Other duties as assigned by theSupervisor.
Bachelor ofScience or Art degree with a minimum of fifteen (15) semester hours inChemistry, fifteen (15) semester hours in Biology, and three (3) semester hoursof Mathematics; or applicable regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of one (1) year laboratoryexperience preferred
• Knowledge of methods and proceduresused by the laboratory preferred
• Ability to perform routine andrepetitive motions, such as pipetting
• Ability to stand or sit for longperiods of time