Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Salary: $55,000 to Commensurate
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certification as an RHIT, RHIA, CPC, CCS, CCSP or equivalent through a nationally recognized credentialing body such as AHIMA or AAPC.
• One or more years of medical coding experience.
• Knowledge, understanding and experience with CMS regulations or industry standards.
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
• Medical terminology knowledge.
• Proficiency with standard office computer software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
• Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills to provide outstanding customer service and support a "Service Excellence" environment working with a diverse professional and patient population.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in ambiguous and complex situations and to drive for conflict resolutions in positive, professional manner.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate inquiries from patients, staff and administration.
• Excellent analytical skills and a strong attention to detail with accuracy with the ability to achieve or exceed organizational and individual performance goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management (HIM) or related field
• Supervisory experience (typically 1 or more years supervising medical coding and/or billing).
• Knowledge of University policies, procedures and regulations.
• Experience utilizing Epic
• Knowledge of Coding policies and procedures at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly addresses how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on April 12, 2021. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check, and five professional references will be required.