Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Job ID: 279279
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
A Logistics Intern will be given the opportunity to work with a vertically integrated company and experience multiple aspects of transportation requirements within transportation and logistics management as well as other lines of business.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Skills and Development during Internship:
• Communicate with internal and external customers by using various media, such as email and telephone.
• Communicate and advise dispatch team of any customer specialty needs.
• Enter sales orders as needed in Libra software system.
• Enter and maintain all kiosk cards assigned to Carrier Fleet.
• Create demand orders for all loads to be delivered to HMA plants and emulsion customers.
• Assist in ordering PPE for the Central Division contract carriers.
• Assist Logistics Manager in trailer Maintenance and repairs.
• Participate in daily updates and reviews with Dispatch Team.
• Assist Terminal Managers and other managers as needed to support operations activities.
• Gather all operational rules and regulations from each terminal and distribute as needed to Carrier Fleet.
• Monitor all new driver training for loading and unloading.
• Meet with key personnel at HMA plants and other customer locations as needed.
• Review all broker loads for ticket verification and reconciliation.
• Assist Terminal Manager in ticket disruption diagnoses.
• Assist drivers and managers with Hours of Service to fully maximize operational needs.
• Assist in Carrier recruiting and Carrier retention.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
• Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
• Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
• Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Education and Experience
Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and working towards an Associate or Bachelor's degree in Logistics or other industry related degree program.
Ability to read English language sufficiently to read information contained in specifications, reports, manuals and regulations.
Ability to perform intermediate mathematical skills, including basic algebra, geometry, and shop math.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Walking up to ten miles per day, occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and traveling over irregular terrain. Functions also usually involve frequent sitting and standing. Performance of some tasks or operation of some equipment may require motor coordination, finger dexterity, eye-hand-foot coordination and color discrimination.
Individuals must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, without posing a direct threat to the health safety of the individual or to others.
What CRH Americas Offers You